Tim Brewster is looking for a job again

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Dude is usually good for two years before he gets the itch to jump.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
We're still looking for a WR coach. Bring him in for 2yrs and let him bring in some big time recruits before he sets sail again.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Wasn’t he tight end coach for some of our better tight ends? I just know Mullen receivers were never that awesome outside of a few. So I would trust leach’s judgment on receiver coaches

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Wasn’t he tight end coach for some of our better tight ends? I just know Mullen receivers were never that awesome outside of a few. So I would trust leach’s judgment on receiver coaches
I think he is the one that got Fred Ross and Bear Wilson to MSU.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
We're still looking for a WR coach. Bring him in for 2yrs and let him bring in some big time recruits before he sets sail again.

ARE we looking for a WR coach? I haven't seen anything from you guys on who's staying and who's going.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Yeah, without him, Fred Ross definitely would have never come to MSU. he was headed to the big12.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
He also got commitments from an entire elementary school in North Carolina

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
we can agree to disagree... But, Les was his primary recruiter for the entire recruitment. Then, Brewster was hired right before the season and Ross came on an official visit in January, decommitted from OkState and committed shortly thereafter. I don't many people that would argue that this had a lot to do with Brewster coming in for the end rather than Les who had been recruiting him for a while..

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Apparently not... did his family just that job in January and he waited until then to decommit from Ok State and then decide to come to MSU? (that seems like a violation we would have reported since we never have been good at the ole miss style of recruiting)

You seem sensitive to admitting that Brewster might actually be a good recruiter.. it's literally almost the only thing he has ever done well. Anyone who paid attention to recruiting knew that Brewster brought in some talent for us during his year here...

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
No way! He was with us for one year before Jimbo Fisher hired him away to FSU. Here's what that ******* tweeted:

FSU's Tim Brewster: "I’m so blessed and so fortunate to be here at Florida State University. Jimbo rescued me from Mississippi State."

He can go to hell.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
It's not as if Prime Time, with no college coaching experience, didn't get offered, accept & succeed as HC at Jackson State.**

If Tim Brown is even considering possibly taking an NFL HC job in the future, taking a position at an SEC school would make a lot of sense for him. Given the best WR of all-time is already endorsing TB as an NFL HC, & based on the article, it seems like he might be very good for us.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
My guess is that search will heat up after Wednesday. OM is looking for an OC too. Well, i assume they are. Lebby is gone

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
I wonder of HOFer Tim Brown might be interested in trying his hand at coaching. If I were in Cohen's & The Pirate's chair, I'd at least reach out. I'd also see if Jerry Rice might like to give it a whirl.

https://www.raidersbeat.com/jerry-rice-says-raiders-should-hire-former-teammate-as-next-head-coach/

Why does everyone wanna help Leach find HIS WR coach? If we're going to hold Leach accountable, at least let him pick the guy who he has to work with. I've read Leach needs to hire chad bumps, leach needs to hire Brewster, leach needs to hire Eric moulds....Why don't we all just call the 17 down and let leach hire who he knows can teach his damn system??

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My guess is that search will heat up after Wednesday. OM is looking for an OC too. Well, i assume they are. Lebby is gone

You mean you don’t have to wait until the coaching conference to hire assistants? I thought that’s where Mullen always said they had to come from**

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Why does everyone wanna help Leach find HIS WR coach? If we're going to hold Leach accountable, at least let him pick the guy who he has to work with. I've read Leach needs to hire chad bumps, leach needs to hire Brewster, leach needs to hire Eric moulds....Why don't we all just call the 17 down and let leach hire who he knows can teach his damn system??
Overreact much? Care to point out where I told CML who he should hire?

Untwist your panties and realize I'm just participating in MB banter...speculating that it would be interesting. I posted the above because I read the article where Jerry Rice said he believes TB would be an incredible coach. I figure Jerry knows a thing or two about what makes a great WR coach. Beyond that, if the man can actually coach, isn't it fun to imagine what a draw he could be for recruits?

Get over yourself.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Because that's what message boards are for, speculation and discussion?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login