Time To End Some of the Fogelsong Resignation Rumors

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
The news of Doctor Fogelsong resigning today has caught our entire fanbase by surprise. No one knows the exact reason, and due to the suppossed hard-headedness of Fogelsong, we may never know.

I am here to say that all of the rumors about Fogelsong resigning because of the way the athletic director hire went down are false. Where do you people come up with this crap?

From what I have been told by persons in the know, the Cigar Boys have started their relationship off with Greg Byrne on the right foot. They have been supportive of him since Day 1, and should support him throughout his term. The rumors that they have all pulled their funding to the university are 100% false. They are all donors to the Univeristy and the Bulldog Club.

Yes, the resigination of Doctor Fogelsong could not have come at a worse time. The man has just made his first major hire with the athetic department, and now a few weeks later he is gone, for reasons we may never know. I hope that our next President, whether it be an interim or full time person, supports our new athletic administration and OUR athletic director.

It's going to take all of us on the same page to get this program where it needs to be. Yes, the majority of us are relieved that a change has been made. The majority of us are EXTREMEly happy with this change.

Whether you like the hire or not, Greg Byrne is our leader and we should get behind him and support him. That includes everyone from the little donors like myself, to the mulit-million dollar guys like the Cigar Boys.</p>

C

Cains Major

Anything but sports. Lawyer talk??? You're make statements, but any facts? I agree with you on some point.
</p>

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Because this is a sports board, people think sports is involved. While sports is a visible part of the university, it's not what makes MSU run.

Larry Templeton will not be Athletics Director after June 30. Greg Byrne has been appointed and approved by the College Board.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Maroon Eagle wrote: While sports is a visible part of the university, it's not what makes MSU run.

See how well it would run with no sports.</p>

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm just saying that athletics generally isn't the main, overriding concern on university campuses. I've read surveys asking university presidents how much time they spend on athletics, and from what I recall the percentage of time they spent was very, very low-- 10 to maybe 20 percent of their time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login