Time to retire all the Natty gear.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Shadow boxes for the T shirts and shelf time for the hats and coffee cups, and time to drink the damn Woodsford!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Not until the end of June. We still have 50ish days

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Here's something to ponder. No SEC team will win the natty this year. We will still be the pride of the SEC šŸ˜‚

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Nobody will ever take that Natty from me. I may be buried in that t shirt with that cap resting across my chest.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Dawgbite;[URL="tel:2039382" said:
2039382[/URL]]Nobody will ever take that Natty from me. I may be buried in that t shirt with that cap resting across my chest.
Correct answer

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
It's just a down year, significantly impacted by pitching injuries. Takes nothing away from last season. And it won't take anything from next season if we make another run.

It's been a down year for college baseball in general in my opinion. I think several teams last season are better than anything on offer this year. Tennessee is thought to be the best, but they strike me as a team that fizzles before the end of June. Who is the next best team? Oregon State? I have no idea how good their competition is.

Imagine how much noise these teams could make in 2022:
2021 Mississippi State
2021 Arkansas
2021 Texas
2021 Tennessee
2021 Vanderbilt
2021 Arizona
2021 Notre Dame
2021 Ole Miss (with two healthy aces)

Our first national title came in an absolutely stacked year.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
It's just a down year, significantly impacted by pitching injuries. Takes nothing away from last season. And it won't take anything from next season if we make another run.

It's been a down year for college baseball in general in my opinion. I think several teams last season are better than anything on offer this year. Tennessee is thought to be the best, but they strike me as a team that fizzles before the end of June. Who is the next best team? Oregon State? I have no idea how good their competition is.

2021 Mississippi State
2021 Arkansas
2021 Texas
2021 Tennessee
2021 Vanderbilt
2021 Arizona
2021 Notre Dame

This is 100% accurate.

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012

2021 Mississippi State
2021 Arkansas
2021 Texas
2021 Tennessee
2021 Vanderbilt
2021 Arizona
2021 Notre Dame

Exactly right. Everyone was flush with talent in 2021 and we went out and took the National Title. I'll be wearing mine until it is faded and tattered.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Shadow boxes for the T shirts and shelf time for the hats and coffee cups, and time to drink the damn Woodsford!
Am I happy about this season? 17 no
Am I retiring National Champion gear? 17 no
Do I have any less confidence in the only coach to bring us a NC? 17 no
Do some of yā€™all need to rub vagisil over your entire body? 17 yes

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Why? Is that some kind of self inflicted punishment for crapping the bed this season?

The only way this season affects the last one is we are about to not be able to say we are defending national champions a few weeks earlier than expected. Other than that we will BE reigning national champs until late June and will always be 2021 national champs and I intend to wear the gear proudly as long as it lasts. Might just buy some more.

Last edited:

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Iā€™m wearing my natty hat for the rest of my life. M over S will be back and it will be soon.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I got my one NC. Iā€™ll celebrate it forever even if we never go to a regional again.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Guess I need to clarify a little. I was in the Woodford last night, but not the etched Championship bottles. They havenā€™t been opened, and donā€™t plan on ever opening one. I will open one on a special occasion.

Since July I have purchased 15 or so Natty shirts and 3 caps.

Iā€™m superstitious, especially in baseball, so when we loose, I donā€™t wear that gear again for a while on game days. I know my clothes selection on game day doesnā€™t dictate what the team does, but itā€™s my stupid superstition and I canā€™t help myself.

This season Iā€™ve pulled tags off of brand new shirts and have re-worn some other one loss shirts on game days. None of them has been that lucky one. I think weā€™ve won one game while I had Natty gear on. Yes, we have won and lost games while I wasnā€™t wearing Natty gear.

I am retiring some of these 2 or 3 loss shirts before getting laundered to much and the lettering starts coming off. I didnā€™t clarify that last night.

To put my superstition in perspective, after game 1 in Omaha last year; I bought a grey OmaDawgs shirt, I wore it to games 2 and 3. I havenā€™t put it back on. A weekend series is not the time for it to potentially take a loss.

Gonna buy a new Natty shirt this week. Something has to work. See, told you Iā€™m superstitious.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Understand about whiskey and posting and about winning/losing clothes.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
This year has indeed been painful to watch, however nothing can replace the fact I have a 3' X 5' 2021 National Championship flag on the wall in my office in downtown Oxford.

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
And if you're really interested, the Guv signed Senate Bill 2223 which authorizes an MSU Naty car tag. Not sure what it will look like, but I think it will have #HailState on it some way or another. Keep watching the Miss. Dept. of Revenue cag tag/license plate section. I don't see it out there now, but I think they have to have X number of applicants before they will start making the plates. For what ever this is worth.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
And if you're really interested, the Guv signed Senate Bill 2223 which authorizes an MSU Naty car tag. Not sure what it will look like, but I think it will have #HailState on it some way or another. Keep watching the Miss. Dept. of Revenue cag tag/license plate section. I don't see it out there now, but I think they have to have X number of applicants before they will start making the plates. For what ever this is worth.

Just ordered mine, Hail Damn State!

View attachment 24410

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
When I bought the etched Woodford bottle I told the wife that I will open it when we win our next one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login