Time to Revisit Moscow, ID Murders

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Fantastic work on foresenics and DNA analysis. What they did was relatively new and innovative.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Have y’all read the timeline police released today?

One of the girls downstairs woke up and saw a man in a mask after hearing the roommates crying upstairs. She then doesn’t call the cops for like 8 hours until around noon the next day.

Sounds like this trial is going to be a circus. They have strong circumstantial evidence (that wouldn't be hard to fake), but as far as we know have no motive and no direct evidence he was even there. Top that with witness testimony that doesn't add up, and a media thats already running hits against him (the jailhouse story).....and it's a tough case to convict.

I suspected as much when I learned they surveilled him for days across the country before picking him up. Only reason to do that is you're hoping he leads you to evidence. Which means they don't have enough. Yet. They'll be combing through his phone, computer. Etc now.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Sounds like this trial is going to be a circus. They have strong circumstantial evidence (that wouldn't be hard to fake), but as far as we know have no motive and no direct evidence he was even there. Top that with witness testimony that doesn't add up, and a media thats already running hits against him (the jailhouse story).....and it's a tough case to convict.

I suspected as much when I learned they surveilled him for days across the country before picking him up. Only reason to do that is you're hoping he leads you to evidence. Which means they don't have enough. Yet. They'll be combing through his phone, computer. Etc now.
Don’t they have his DNA on the button of the ka-bar sheath left in the house?

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022

They have his dna in the bed with the girls on a knife sheath and video footage/cell pings in the area of the murders. He’s toast.

Reactions: DerHntr

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Lol, come on. Did they also manufacture the video footage of his car bebopping around the neighborhood and his cell phone pings?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
They have his dna in the bed with the girls on a knife sheath and video footage/cell pings in the area of the murders. He’s toast.
He'll need to provide a reason for being in the area (assuming the cell data is even permissible). I think they only see his model car in security video, not the plate, but could be wrong. Don't know if the cell data correlates with the video.

Like I said, the circumstantial evidence is strong. But juries often hate circumstantial cases that have no motive. Makes as much sense that there's an ex bf or something out there with an axe to grind and smart enough to pick a stooge. Caveat: juries love circumstantial cases when they think the accused is crazy.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Reactions: Boom Boom

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

The dubmass left the knife sheath on the third floor with his DNA linked with > 99.99% certainty on it. Two dead bodies are found next to said knife sheath. They have his cellphone records that put him at the crime scene numerous times staking out the victims. They have his digital footprints leaving WSU towards Moscow, ID before the time of the murders. He turns his cell phone off prior to the quadruple homicide. The murders occur and his cell phone comes back minutes later on the drive back from Idaho. Yet somehow he is not guilty of the quadruple homicide?

Reactions: drexeldog23
Aug 22, 2012
The dubmass left the knife sheath on the third floor with his DNA linked with > 99.99% certainty on it. Two dead bodies are found next to said knife sheath. They have his cellphone records that put him at the crime scene numerous times staking out the victims. They have his digital footprints leaving WSU towards Moscow, ID before the time of the murders. He turns his cell phone off prior to the quadruple homicide. The murders occur and his cell phone comes back minutes later on the drive back from Idaho. Yet somehow he is not guilty of the quadruple homicide?

Exactly. The guy's DNA is at the scene with 4 dead bodies and a witness that can probably identify him. He stalked this house over and over in the middle of the night proven by his cell phone records. I am sure this is not all the evidence they have either. This guy is toast and I hope he rots.

Reactions: drexeldog23

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
With everything I've read, and heard he is guilty.
Looks like he has tried to make himself out as crazy. (crazy can be a defense).

In any case, he will likely be locked up for many years.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
And this guy was getting a PhD in criminology. His parents should sue for a refund
That is truly for whom I feel the most remorse. The alleged suspect‘s dad flew from Pennslytucky to Pullman for a cross country ride with his PhD student son for some daddy and son time right before the Christmas Holidays. Not knowing this was the last few free hours he will ever get to spend with his son.

Edited to add…watch the video of when the suspect is pulled over for the second time in Indiana. The dad proudly says “we are driving from WSU” to which the cop asks “what is WSU?” It truly broke my heart, something most people I know and most posters on this board didn’t think existed.

Last edited:

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think some context of the girl not calling is that people were in and out of the house quite a bit. Guessing it wasn’t completely shocking to see a guy leaving late at night and I don’t think she was hearing screaming or anything.

Also, wild that this dude returned the next morning around 9:15am. I know killers can return to the scene or inject themselves into investigations, but it must have been crazy to show back up at the house and see it completely calm expecting the entire street to be blocked up with cops.

I think this dude is toast. Guessing their blood is going to be in his car.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Fantastic work on foresenics and DNA analysis. What they did was relatively new and innovative.
I believe they ran his DNA against Ancestry and other website and found a partial hit (his sister). The FBI then apparently took a bag of trash from the house and matched the Dad’s DNA to the sister’s and to the crime scene.

Pretty advanced stuff. It’s very hard to get away with murder these days between DNA, cellphone and residential cameras.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
I think some context of the girl not calling is that people were in and out of the house quite a bit. Guessing it wasn’t completely shocking to see a guy leaving late at night and I don’t think she was hearing screaming or anything.

Also, wild that this dude returned the next morning around 9:15am. I know killers can return to the scene or inject themselves into investigations, but it must have been crazy to show back up at the house and see it completely calm expecting the entire street to be blocked up with cops.

I think this dude is toast. Guessing their blood is going to be in his car.
I think he rolled back through to see if he could get his sheath he left behind after he went to dump the knife and realized he left it. Crazy thing is, he probably could have slipped in and gotten it.

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
That is truly for whom I feel the most remorse. The alleged suspect‘s dad flew from Pennslytucky to Pullman for a cross country ride with his PhD student son for some daddy and son time right before the Christmas Holidays. Not knowing this was the last few free hours he will ever get to spend with his son.

Edited to add…watch the video of when the suspect is pulled over for the second time in Indiana. The dad proudly says “we are driving from WSU” to which the cop asks “what is WSU?” It truly broke my heart, something most people I know and most posters on this board didn’t think existed.
I don’t know man. I think I feel the most remorse for the parents and siblings of the people he murdered and not the parents that raised a killer

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
I really want to know more about the roommate seeing the intruder at 4am and the 911 call coming at around 11am or so.

Just guessing, she may have thought it was a guy one of the girls was seeing, she got in late and went to bed drunk. No idea...and why didn't he kill her?

Did he not see her, or intentionally wasn't a target. Strange

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I don’t know man. I think I feel the most remorse for the parents and siblings of the people he murdered and not the parents that raised a killer
I don’t disagree. However, if this suspect is found guilty in Idaho, he is just as dead as the other four. Now, you not only have a dead child, but that child also committed a quadruple homicide that have to live with and will be associated with.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I really want to know more about the roommate seeing the intruder at 4am and the 911 call coming at around 11am or so.

Just guessing, she may have thought it was a guy one of the girls was seeing, she got in late and went to bed drunk. No idea...and why didn't he kill her?

Mushrooms are a helluva drug?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Dude's a radical vegan. Don't trust them folks at all. Eating what you want is one thing but wanting to order others to do so is where I draw the line on that schit.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022

She said she saw a masked man dressed in all black and she froze then locked herself in her room.

Apparently there was a door dash delivered around 4am as well. Sounds like a lot of activity in and out of that house. A 3 story party spot.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
However, if this suspect is found guilty in Idaho, he is just as dead as the other four.

You would think, but probably not. Idaho has only had 3 executions in the modern era (Since 76') and the last one was in 2012... There were like 30 hangings from 1957 and prior though.

We were supposed to have one a few weeks back, but it was cancelled because there are no lethal injection drugs available anywhere. The pos may not ever get it either, he has been on death row for more than 30 years and is now dying of the cancer.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
I'm pissed at his parents............. They knew what kind a car he drove, where he lived and the proximity to the scene. If mine I would have ushered him to the PD. Either to clear him or serve justice.....

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Supposedly. Easy to plant.
Tin Foil Hat GIF by Big Brother

Reactions: 57stratdawg

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006

I read the affidavit as soon as it was available and immediately wondered the same thing... You see a stranger in your house, and you're in such a ‘frozen shock phase' that you can't pick up the cell phone and call the cops until about 5 hours later? WTF??

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
You would think, but probably not. Idaho has only had 3 executions in the modern era (Since 76') and the last one was in 2012... There were like 30 hangings from 1957 and prior though.

We were supposed to have one a few weeks back, but it was cancelled because there are no lethal injection drugs available anywhere. The pos may not ever get it either, he has been on death row for more than 30 years and is now dying of the cancer.
How much media coverage did the trials of the others on the Idaho Death Row receive compare to this? I think the outcry will force the execution.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Did you guys not have crazy weekends in college? Roommates can be weird. There were more than a few times I had to close my door & bury my head with music playing to drown out the craziness at my place or at my gf’s apartment, to try and get some sleep. Sounds like there were 4 or 5 girls in this house? Probably normal to have random people over that most of them didn’t know.

I remember one time walking in at my gf’s and that giant Wesley Morgan was there (I just remember this because him being a 7ft basketball player at the time). Later I asked how she knew him - neither her or her roommate knew who he was, he was just with a friend of a friend kind of thing, and somehow ended up hanging out at their apartment that night. That’s the way college was. Not unusual to have random people you don’t know at your place.

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login