Timeline of letter

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
According to the resignation letter, it was written the week before the Ole Miss baseball series. He mentions several times how he regrets not doing it before the season began, but yet.. the letter is typed up 2 weeks ago and he now hands it in?

What was going on in those 2 weeks, Polk trying to work Raffo in more to keep him from being fired?

He was so dead set on leaving no matter what because of the evil empire.. but set on the letter for 2 weeks?

just found the timeline interesting.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I don't know about the timeline of submitting the resignation letter, but I do find it interesting that he's resigning the year that LT is going out. Obviously he wants Raffo to get the job, and I think he feels like Raffo has a better chance to get it if LT gets to do the hiring. If LT wasn't being let go this year, I get the feeling he'd stick around at least another year. Just my guess, but I think he's doing it almost solely because he feels its his best shot at getting Raffo the job.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
The lynchpin of the timing was Doc's resignation, leaving a complete vacuum of authority in the AD's office. Now Ronald has a firm grip with which to force-feed the incestuous neophyte social retard Raffo down our throats. Ol Ron now gets to sit in the passenger seat for the rest of the year while the girls (bless their dear little hearts) finally start giving a [feces] about actually playing baseball and winning games for their dearly departing coach. Presto, the girls start winning. Meanwhile Raffo gets credit. "See," says Ronald, "I told you he could coach!"

By the time this gets sorted out, Cohen will be at Florida.

This ends badly.

Aug 30, 2006
the letter and the stories in the CL, Doc & LT probably got the letter when getting back from the SECT in Atlanta. It sounds like Polk did not want to make it public until he and Doc & LT had had a chance to sit down and discuss everything. My guess would be that with the schedule overlaps of the NCAA tourney, baseball games, & Doc's announcement is that it just took a little time for them to all be able to mesh their schedules and talk details. That is the way I read the stories.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
It was dated March 12 (before the Ole Miss baseball series and at the beginning of the SEC basketball tournament). The last paragraph says:
I recognize both of you are attending the SEC basketball tournament and might not get this letter until Monday morning. I will give you both a call on Monday to set up a meeting time.
So evidently Polk submitted this letter a couple of weeks ago, but it's only being made public now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login