Titus Brown’s restaurant

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Has anyone else tried out Titus Brown’s restaurant Flavaz in Tuscaloosa? I went today and it was fantastic! I will definitely be going back.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Sorry buddy, but Alabama really isn't a food state. Accept it.

But hey, Dreamland and Rosey's. Felix' isn't even that great.
Dreamland is a chain and nobody thinks it's good. I never heard of Rosey's in Alabama. And if you are talking about Felix's Fish Camp on Battleship Parkway, no it isn't great.

But come eat your way around Baldwin county, Birmingham, and Auburn and see just how far behind us Mississippi is.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Herbert Nenninger

Feb 9, 2019
I actually like Felix’s over any other fish house on the coast. But I have the same palate as my 10 year old, so I don’t think I qualify as an official voice.

Some years ago, we had a group at dreamland in mobile. We convinced one girl they didn’t have napkins there, and that they put the loaf of bread on the table to serve as the napkins. So we passed around the paper towels under the table the whole time while she wiped her hands and face on bread.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Dreamland is a chain and nobody thinks it's good. I never heard of Rosey's in Alabama. And if you are talking about Felix's Fish Camp on Battleship Parkway, no it isn't great.

But come eat your way around Baldwin county, Birmingham, and Auburn and see just how far behind us Mississippi is.
So 17-ing wrong!
Maybe not as many places bc of the population of those three but behind. ?!?
That’s just a dumbass comment, but that’s what you do!

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

I’ll agree with this. Birmingham is a very good food town.
As a resident, I can freely say for a town the size of Tuscaloosa, the choices for exceptional food is very slim.

When I frequent Meridian for work, I always choose either Wiedemanns or Harvest Grill over anything in West Alabama.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
As a resident, I can freely say for a town the size of Tuscaloosa, the choices for exceptional food is very slim.

When I frequent Meridian for work, I always choose either Wiedemanns or Harvest Grill over anything in West Alabama.
Because outside of Mobile, West Alabama is damn near as poor as The Delta. We literally have people living in medieval conditions there it's so poor. Like they flush the toilet and it runs out into the back yard.

As as far as Tuscaloosa goes, well you can't expect much from Bammers.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Because outside of Mobile, West Alabama is damn near as poor as The Delta. We literally have people living in medieval conditions there it's so poor. Like they flush the toilet and it runs out into the back yard.

As as far as Tuscaloosa goes, well you can't expect much from Bammers.
There are maybe 4-5 good spots in Tuscaloosa
De Palma’s, Chucks Fish, Heat Pizza, 5 Bar and maybe River

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login