TNF on Amazon prime

Sep 12, 2013
Does the stream suck for anyone else? Frequent loading and picture quality issues. Several times the calls have been way ahead of the play for me.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Mine is clear but motion is jerky

Does the stream suck for anyone else? Frequent loading and picture quality issues. Several times the calls have been way ahead of the play for me.

Running at 300+ Mbps. I don't stream sports often (still a cable person) so maybe that's just how they show up???

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Fine here, Jones & Gay getting involved in lots of plays. Willie looking like the best defender on the field for Chiefs tonight.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Looks perfect but my audio is about a full second ahead of the video.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Watched it for a while. I'm on crappy internet (50Mb) in Central America, VPNd into New Jersey and it's playing fine for me.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Playing fine for me in Starkville although I VPNd into Nanih Wanna to see it I could figure out what channel we play the corn dogs on Sat.** Seriously be happy w/ 50mbps because in Starkville MaxxSuck gives me about 21 mbps and that's a luxury when I get that much but it is adequate for streaming tonight's game no problem

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Oh I feel blessed. My last house I was paying $130 for 3MB. They tell me I might be eligible for fiber now but I've been waiting 3 months for them to come do a site visit (my next door neighbor works for the company and has fiber so it's no mystery).

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
My favorite pre-game soundbite was when Maholmes said "You grow up dreaming about playing on Thursday night, so this is great"

I know Amazon paid big bucks but should we be rewriting history on the first game? Thursday night has been for the dregs of the league up until now.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The NFL didn’t even have Thursday night games when Mahomes was growing up. And the players don’t even like Thursday night games because of the short week.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Oh I feel blessed. My last house I was paying $130 for 3MB. They tell me I might be eligible for fiber now but I've been waiting 3 months for them to come do a site visit (my next door neighbor works for the company and has fiber so it's no mystery).

I'm getting fiber next week. They're running the line now. Consensus seems to be to get YouTubeTV and any add ons you want I guess?? All I know is the $230 I've been paying for internet and tv is about to drop significantly when I drop ATT/DTV.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
I'm getting fiber next week. They're running the line now. Consensus seems to be to get YouTubeTV and any add ons you want I guess?? All I know is the $230 I've been paying for internet and tv is about to drop significantly when I drop ATT/DTV.

Probably YouTube but don’t expect to save a ton. The streamers continue to go up in price and they are prone to drop channels over disputes just as quickly as the satellite companies used to do.

If you wanted the Braves, Grizzlies or Hawks games then Directv stream is the only one that offers the Bally channels and their package including those starts at 89.99.

Sling is still the cheapest but you have to buy addons and separate tiers to get the ESPN and SEC channels.

I tried FuboTV for the game last week since I didn’t have FS1 and I liked their interface. But again. It starts at 69.99

It’s not like it was 5 years ago. Most of the streaming services will set you back at least 75 bucks. And even then when people brag about how much they are “saving” over cable, they fail to include all the Hulu, Disney+, Prime, HBOMax, Netflix etc they are also paying for.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We finally got fiber a few weeks ago. It’s the first internet service we’ve ever had access to beyond satellite and dial up. Started with You Tube Tv and like it so far. I haven’t pulled the plug on Direct TV yet. I’m testing the reliability of the fiber first but I’ll be cutting it off soon. I’ll start buying the same brand TV from now on. I’ve got one that I still haven’t figured out how to get YouTube TV on, I can get YouTube but no TV. It’s confusing to me.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I was kinda watching but didn’t really hone in until the last 5 minutes.

Did they not have commercials during change of possessions the whole game? I loved that it seemed to move fast without 5 minutes of ads all the time

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I thought it was a good start and they picked two good teams to showcase for the first game on Amazon. Next Thursday will be a disgusting game with Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Probably YouTube but don’t expect to save a ton. The streamers continue to go up in price and they are prone to drop channels over disputes just as quickly as the satellite companies used to do.

If you wanted the Braves, Grizzlies or Hawks games then Directv stream is the only one that offers the Bally channels and their package including those starts at 89.99.

Sling is still the cheapest but you have to buy addons and separate tiers to get the ESPN and SEC channels.

I tried FuboTV for the game last week since I didn’t have FS1 and I liked their interface. But again. It starts at 69.99

It’s not like it was 5 years ago. Most of the streaming services will set you back at least 75 bucks. And even then when people brag about how much they are “saving” over cable, they fail to include all the Hulu, Disney+, Prime, HBOMax, Netflix etc they are also paying for.

Yeah, I won't need a lot of add ons. Just sports mainly and ESPN+ is pretty cheap (for now).
Good thing about some of these streaming services is you can pause service. So you can bounce to something else if one isn't good at any given time.
There's a site that lets you figure out the best service fit and I've used it to see that I'll save just under $100 a month based on current pricing.

Last edited:

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
We finally got fiber a few weeks ago. It’s the first internet service we’ve ever had access to beyond satellite and dial up. Started with You Tube Tv and like it so far. I haven’t pulled the plug on Direct TV yet. I’m testing the reliability of the fiber first but I’ll be cutting it off soon. I’ll start buying the same brand TV from now on. I’ve got one that I still haven’t figured out how to get YouTube TV on, I can get YouTube but no TV. It’s confusing to me.

Just try to remember that YouTube TV is an internet connection first. Get on the internet and find the YouTube website site and find the subscription parameters. Follow the parameters which will tell YouTube your email address so they can find you. You will have to give your credit card info for payment. Also, you need the YouTube app loaded on your TV. After this is done, all you need to do is click on the app to get YouTube TV. BTW, I had DirecTV for over 20 years and do not miss it at all. I hope this helps you get started. Cheers

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
It was pretty bad for me too. Most of the time it was like watching football in 1988 at my grandparents house.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What was all of that "X-Ray" and the "if your team scores in next 5 minutes" crap about? I only flipped over a few times but I was constantly trying to clear pop ups off the screen so I could see the game? Granted, I was on a Fire/Amazon tablet streaming it using their Prime streaming service so maybe you didn't see that stuff if using a tv but it was bad annoying to the point I said **** this and turned it off

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Most of the broadcast was great but I had a few stutters. Al Michaels was his usual great self. I really didn't think Kirk Herbstreit did that bad. Actually I think it's his time to get a chance to play with the big boys so maybe I don't have to hear so much about Ohio State in my college broadcasts.

jblailock

Feb 26, 2013

This is true, but from what I have seen, most people had the Hulu, Disney, etc with their cable too. So, you can't really deduct that from their savings.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
My favorite pre-game soundbite was when Maholmes said "You grow up dreaming about playing on Thursday night, so this is great"

I know Amazon paid big bucks but should we be rewriting history on the first game? Thursday night has been for the dregs of the league up until now.

I was sort of expecting, since we pay for Prime (I think it's $150 now), that there might be fewer advertisements, but that wasn't the case.

Reception was fine. I suspect problems were with the internet provider, not the broadcast.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

I have 1 GB cable service and it's fine. Very rarely is there an outage. Not sure what fiber would improve over what I've got, but it's not available so I couldn't change if I wanted to. I'm paying $60/month for it. My TV is Dish for about $150, but I have a lot of things they charge extra for, like DVD, sports packages, and additional TVs. I like it better than cable except for rain outages (picture seems a little better, better DVD), but most of the channels are available streaming using Roku, or over the air for locals, so it's rarely an issue.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login