Toledo is a playoff team, guys

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Smoke Weed GIF

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I'm not buying that yet, but they and Memphis certainly bear watching the rest of the season.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Watching for what? Neither will be anywhere near playoff teams. Surely that’s not what you meant.
The playoffs have expanded. There's a path for undefeated **** conf teams to get in.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Can we just buy the Toledo players and coaches? Would that be expensive?
No, because this is their year. They said on the pregame that that have a lot of 6-year players, as well as transfers from decent schools. And a coach that’s been there 10 years.

We are the polar opposite in every possible way.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
To be clear. I'm not trying to excuse this loss or rationalize that Toledo is a solid team or whatever. I'm just saying there is a playoff path for a Memphis or Toledo now. Nothing more.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
To be clear. I'm not trying to excuse this loss or rationalize that Toledo is a solid team or whatever. I'm just saying there is a playoff path for a Memphis or Toledo now. Nothing more.
I’m saying if either are in the playoff then they got the whole thing wrong, which would not be surprising. But neither are anywhere near top 12 teams.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Watching for what? Neither will be anywhere near playoff teams. Surely that’s not what you meant.
Their chances of making the playoffs per ESPN were 10% before their win at FSU today. ESPN now says their chances of making the playoffs are 20%. Now, what they do after making the playoffs, I have no idea. But if you're talking about just making the playoffs, yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
Their chances of making the playoffs per ESPN were 10% before their win at FSU today. ESPN now says their chances of making the playoffs are 20%. Now, what they do after making the playoffs, I have no idea. But if you're talking about just making the playoffs, yeah, that's exactly what I meant.
I’m saying they won’t be in the conversation, they won’t have people in the room. This is on us, not on them.
ETA: Meaning Toledo and Memphis both. What did ESPN think about Florida state in the playoffs?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Scary to think Toledo could have had 14 additional pts. That fumble out of the back of the back of the end zone which would have been a TD and an earlier pass TD in the 1st half that was wiped of their total for an illegal motion. So, it could have been worse like 52-10 Rockets.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I’m saying they won’t be in the conversation, they won’t have people in the room. This is on us, not on them.
ETA: Meaning Toledo and Memphis both. What did ESPN think about Florida state in the playoffs?
ESPN had FSU making the playoffs. ESPN also had Memphis on their playoff watch list as a G5 team which could make the playoffs. So yes, the University of Memphis can certainly make the playoffs. I haven't heard Toledo in the conversation until tonight.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
ESPN had FSU making the playoffs. ESPN also had Memphis on their playoff watch list as a G5 team which could make the playoffs. So yes, the University of Memphis can certainly make the playoffs. I haven't heard Toledo in the conversation until tonight.
Florida State has a better chance of being in the playoffs than Memphis. It’s just not going to happen.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I thought this entire thread would be sarcasm. Holy 17 this is pathetic.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
(expected) is my guess. Why do we have a head coach that runs the offense like he's a one man show again. It's weird

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
Florida State has a better chance of being in the playoffs than Memphis. It’s just not going to happen.
Yes it could. All memphis has to do is either win conference and be highest ranked 6th conference champion or just be ranked top 12. They take Memphis if they’re undefeated #25 in the nation with a conference title over a hypothetical #12 in the nation Michigan that is 3-4 rank in conference

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login