Tolu Smith has entered the game.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
That entry to him at the top of the key is going to open up so many things. It’s concerning that Hubbard’s shot has stopped falling lately.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Can we get a look at the following lineup?

Hubbard
DJ
Cam
Tolu
Bell

If you want defense and rebounding - that’s it.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We should be pounding this team. Their NET is in the 300s. They are way worse than Southern. I know we’re sleepwalking through it but we need to wake up and bury them.

ETA: And as if on cue, we finish the half on a 12-2 run to go up by 19. That’s more like it.

Last edited:

MSF87

Sep 29, 2022
For the simple among us, why not? Explain it to them. Of course I understand but struggling to put it in words.
Floor spacing would be an issue with two centers on the floor, especially with the lineup suggested above. You only have one outside threat among that group. Teams would zone those guys to death.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Floor spacing would be an issue with two centers on the floor, especially with the lineup suggested above. You only have one outside threat among that group. Teams would zone those guys to death.
Especially since both of them play within 10 feet of the basket. Neither one has the ability to stretch the floor.

The only way you might see them is on maybe a defensive possession at the end of a game for defense and rebounding. That’s about it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
For the simple among us, why not? Explain it to them. Of course I understand but struggling to put it in words.
I posted this a few days ago when I happened to see- Smith and Bell have never taken an 3pt shot in d1 play.
7.5 seasons played between them and not even 1 prayer shot at the buzzer.

Having 2 players that don't shoot outside of 5' from the basket and also don't have the ability to drive the lane will clog things in the paint.

Even Murphy playing with one of them would space things out since Murphy is happy to launch shots from deep and dangerous enough to require being defended out there.

Smith and Bell are not players that you position at the top of the key to run high low offense or to break down a 3-2 zone.

^ with that said, if both are on the floor when the team is struggling to hit from deep and offense is stagnant, then cool- sometimes something funky can mix things up and kickstart things. But that wouldn't mean that's an offense or lineup we should run with regularity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login