Tolu Smith is 1st team All SEC for the second straight year......

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Meanwhile, SouthFarmChicken:

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
That's great but we are still on a 4 game losing streak and possibly missing the big dance. So I'll forgive someone if they aren't super pumped about this.
If we’re in as a solid 5-6 seed this year with Tolu making 1st Team SEC then that’s great.
He played way below 1st Team All SEC in many games and we lost a lot of those games because of it.
I can’t put it all on him though because had we had one more outside Guard threat and had DJ or Cam been better offensively then maybe Tolu could have been what he is and we win those 6, 7 games. Our team is what it is but hopefully we get better next year and are in the Tournament easily, hopefully even vying for an SEC Title.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Hubbard is second team and all Freshman team. Cam mad the all-defensive team.
Hubbard was 2nd team….as in….Top 10 overall player in the league and Top 4-6 backcourt player in the league?

Pretty good for a guy who wasn’t even a Top 25 shooter in the SEC just a few weeks ago. Hopefully he also wins Most Improved Player***

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Hub is great. but in our last 2 losses he missed a free throw that would have tied the game. and he was 0 for his last couple 3 attempts when we absolutely had to have them. I saw people saying he was best freshman ever. but I would take Ray White--he could score and was an elite defender. Hub gets abused when he is on defense. Wonder why we couldn't get stops?

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
It came to me in a dream last night. Tolu reminds me of Keith Lee while he was at Memphis state. At least my memory of Keith was him being a double double finesse player that could play center, but was better when Bedford came in and took that center spot.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
It came to me in a dream last night. Tolu reminds me of Keith Lee while he was at Memphis state. At least my memory of Keith was him being a double double finesse player that could play center, but was better when Bedford came in and took that center spot.
Was Jack Eaton in your dream as well ?
Could you hear him calling the game on Channel 5 and then doing a recap on the
5 o’ clock news the next night?

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Was Jack Eaton in your dream as well ?
Could you hear him calling the game on Channel 5 and then doing a recap on the
5 o’ clock news the next night?
Almost. I could for sure see Andre turner burning up the court to throw an alley oops to bedford.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login