Tommy Raffo it is. ArrowDawg is most likely correct. If you read Polk's resignation letter

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
Tommy Raffo it is. ArrowDawg is most likely correct. If you read Polk's resignation letter

that is posted on the clarion ledger website, you can clearly see that Tommy Raffo WILL be the next head coach. Polk spent 3/4ths of a page (it was only 3 pages) urging Greg and LT to hire Raffo. With LT being involved, it is a 99.9% chance that Raffo gets it. Rule 17 me up the ***. Rule 17! Rule 17!

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

i am hearing the same thing. we'll see

noxdog

May 28, 2007

It looks like the deal Byrne had to make with the "devil", i.e. cigar Boys. With Doc leaving, Greg has to placate them. This is it. We are M-State.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006

I don't have a problem with it.

Not that anyone cares what I think.

M

MasterDawg

has Polk really maintained the right to dictate his replacement? I think Raffo is a nice guy, but I feel MSU would be better off with a completely fresh start and direction (ie. No ties to Polk or the university whatsoever).

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006

blah..blah...blah, cruel coaches...blah...can't be cruel...blah, ncaa, blah....tommy raffo

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

He's already done that once and the SOB left us (even though most, including me, were glad when he left). I see no reason at all why he should get to do it again.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006

I know that CWS and two SR appearances really got under my skin.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006

I am wondering why Polk lobbied so hard for Raffo in the letter unless he suspected that he might not have much say in naming his replacement. If a backroom deal were in place or felt certain that he would slide Raffo into the position, why not remain mum or drop in a one-sentence blurb as opposed to dedicating a few paragraphs.

I know it's just wishful thinking, but I think it is something to think about.

Dog in the Know

Nov 1, 2007

when I stated that Raffo would be the next coach. Go to Genes Page. blah blah blah.

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006

go ahead & name him tomorrow ?

TilloDawg

May 26, 2006

in that 3 or 4 day window, right ?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

...but that's only because ol' #1 has been horrible since he's been back. When McMahon left, it was pre-Six Pack and I clearly recall that a lot of folks on the other board (which included everybody back then) were pretty indifferent, if not happy. I don't think that this was far from the Adam Larson conflict and that got a lot of people soured on the guy.

That was before we found out that Polk was coming back. Then, AFP was turning cartwheels and a lot of other folks were scratching their heads.

*** edited to add ***

Does anybody else remember when Patty Mc's brother posted on Swan Lake afterwards basically telling everbody that was ripping Pat to FO and that his "brother is not a crock!!"? If I remember correctly, nobody even replied to the post. It was classic.

Nov 11, 2007

That's Germans, 4 sure.

RCD

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006

for a while, every time one of these "name polk's successor" polls pops up that it was gonna be raffo. i mean i hope not, but that's what it looks like. it really is the msu way. jesus h.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006

I give him a list of five names: Raffo, Cohen, S. Smith, Corbin (just for this example), Mcdonnell.

I ask him without regard to who you like best, who you feel is most deserving, or who you think is the best person to not be cruel to your kids, but who do you think would win the most games over the next five years?

Does anyone believe his answer would be Raffo, but yet he wants Raffo to take over the ship?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

now we will have of all people Tommy Raffo to go head-to-head with Mike Bianco. Prepare for the final Rebel takeover of college baseball in state of Mississippi.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

more qualified to take over our program at the time he did. McMahon had a much more varied coaching background and even led the Old Dominion program into being very good. If you remember we had to bring him back prematurely because Alabama was going to hire him if we didn't. How many offers has Raffo had? Did Mac even want him when he left for Florida? I don't see much comparison between the two.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006

wpnetdawg wrote:

Does anyone believe his answer would be Raffo, but yet he wants Raffo to take over the ship?

yes</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login