Tomorrow is our opportunity to take a great mental leap forward

Sep 4, 2012
Jefferson or no, we have every advantage necessary to win big.....on paper.

We've been in similar situations where we failed to execute after a big week-prior victory. IMHO, it's largely due to the imposter syndrome that’s latched to the maroon and white like a mental parasite.

Tomorrow's outcome will show whether or not we've transcended that emotional feedback loop to match our play with paper.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

We've been in similar situations where we failed to execute following big upset victories week prior. IMHO, it's largely due to the imposter syndrome that's latched itself to the maroon and white like a mental parasite.

Tomorrow's outcome will show whether we've transcended that emotional feedback loop to match our play with paper like a well-oiled football machine.
weren't we favored against A&M?

Sep 4, 2012
weren't we favored against A&M?
Yea but not nearly like we’re favored against Ark. Literally every analyst/talking head I’ve seen has us picked. And that’s exactly when my “we are M-state” imposter syndrome starts flaring.

ETA: realized I wrote big “upset” victory in OP. Removed.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yea but not nearly like we’re favored against Ark. Literally every analyst/talking head I’ve seen has us picked. And that’s exactly when my “we are M-state” imposter syndrome starts flaring.

ETA: realized I wrote big “upset” victory in OP. Removed.
The way State's and Arky's fates have flip-flopped over the past couple of weeks has made the run up to this game sort of surreal. Just a couple of weeks ago we were unranked suspect also-ran's and Arky was in the top 10. In those two weeks we went from likely home underdogs to a solid favorite and now some are predicting a blow-out. Just a tiny bit unnerving to me.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

We've been in similar situations where we failed to execute following big victories week prior. IMHO, it's largely due to the imposter syndrome that's latched itself to the maroon and white like a mental parasite.

Tomorrow's outcome will show whether we've transcended that emotional feedback loop to match our play with paper like a well-oiled football machine.
I agree. Plus this is the FIRST true road game the pigs have played this season. We gotta take advantage of that.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
This game is giving me bad vibes. Bad pass defense, injured starting QB; it's too good to be true. Arkansas always gives us a tough game when they have any spirit in them. I expect a nail-biter down to the finish.

This^^^^^ Been thinking it all week.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
We play as physically on both sides of the ball as we did against the Aggies this thing won't be close. It'll be Dawgs by a bunch.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We should've won on the road last year when they were better and we were worse. I feel pretty damn good about tomorrow.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Yep, top 10 team early, two losses in the SEC, backs against the wall. We've got to enter this game like Clint Eastwood. Ya gotta get Mad DAWG mean!
I know I'll get some major pushback on this but I put Outlaw Josey Wales as # 1 followed by GF 1 & 2.

Reactions: PapaDawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I hate and don't understand the confidence I have while at the same time couldn't withstand a proctology exam from a tiny Asian doctor with thin fingers. I have invested more than what is healthy in regards to emotional dependence on STATE. My best preparations is to prepare / expect a loss but maintain hope. Drink and Pray to Sports God.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Getting too hyped on State football has ruined many weekends.
Yet we continue to let it do so. I'm 59 and have followed since '69 and will take my STATE unconditional love and loyalty to my grave. I might as well leave something on my tombstone professing that. I know I'm drinking right about now and will regret posting this tomorrow while I review with coffee but here goes. 1969 and I'm six years old. Dad has me pumped as hell about football and STATE. I begged and cried for him to take me to the Egg Bowl but he insisted I was too young and what not. I sat down at my desk and listended to Jack for the ENTIRE game and only took bathroom breaks and my Mom brought me food that I ate at my desk while listening to Jack. I remember her checking in every now and again with a concerned look on her face. How could a 6 year old have that kind of attention span? When dad came home drunk celebrating, Mom wore his a$s OUT. "Don't you EVAH leave that boy at home for games" as she told him what she had witnessed. I think it was the next year or so and Dad and I were driving to Vegas to see us play Vandy. He BS'd me saying it was for the Natty since he was confident of a STATE victory. Vandy skull drug us and I cried and screamed. The Life of a Dog.

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Arkansas just isn’t very good and they never deserved to be in the top ten just like A&M and Kentucky didn’t. Unlike other SEC schools the Mississippi State Bulldogs will have to earn every ounce of respect they get, even among their own fan base. We still have knuckle draggers who think Will Rogers is a bad QB and Mike Leach is a clown. That will probably never change because no matter what the team does the losers will just shift the goal post to some other thing these young men haven’t achieved. 17 those 17ing 17ers, they are irrelevant. The Dawgs are gonna eat tomorrow!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login