Tomorrow is the "make or break" game for Arnett

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
We are 4.5 point dogs, so this should be a one possession game late in the 4th. If for whatever reason we lose by double digits, we should consider firing Arnett on Sunday. Might was well get a headstart on Tom Herman or Clay Helton, I'm guessing both would jump at the chance to come to Starkvegas and we wouldn't have to break the bank for either. I don't know if Chadwell or Leipold would come and if either did they'd probably want in the nieghorood of $7 mil/year.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We are 4.5 point dogs, so this should be a one possession game late in the 4th. If for whatever reason we lose by double digits, we should consider firing Arnett on Sunday. Might was well get a headstart on Tom Herman or Clay Helton, I'm guessing both would jump at the chance to come to Starkvegas and we wouldn't have to break the bank for either. I don't know if Chadwell or Leipold would come and if either did they'd probably want in the nieghorood of $7 mil/year.
Season 2 No GIF by The Lonely Island

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Realistically, I'd be okay with Tom Herman. Leipold and Chadwell would cost too much at the end of the day

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I have never pulled against MSU, but UK is averaging 31 points per game. Their Defense is ranked 28th in rush D. That's all we got with out Rogers.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Great point, or we will upset OM after losing this one and TAMU.
Yeah that's the more likely outcome. Get beatdown by UK and aTm, beat USM 13-10, then somehow squeak by Ole Miss like 20-17 because Dart got hurt or something.

He'd get an extension after that. Then of course we will lose the bowl game to Iowa State or some shlt like 38-14.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No, the "make or break" game was Auburn. He broke.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yeah that's the more likely outcome. Get beatdown by UK and aTm, beat USM 13-10, then somehow squeak by Ole Miss like 20-17 because Dart got hurt or something.

He'd get an extension after that. Then of course we will lose the bowl game to Iowa State or some shlt like 38-14.
2019 we got punished by A&M and AL but beat the pants off AR, Abilene Christian and squeaked by Univ of Northern MS and fired Sloe Joe after a bowl game even.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

If we magically go 6-6 we’ll get Jacksonville State in Birmingham.
Almost rather not be in a bowl vs having to play teams like this.
And we’d probably lose.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It needs to be a home game against a non-blue blood (no matter how down they are) to really make a dent.
No it needs to be the games you're supposed to win when you're in a must win situation. That was Auburn. If you need another game to learn what virtually everyone else has figured out by now, that's on you.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
To me it's more about Selmon and Keenum. If we keep Arnett around with 6 wins the message is crystal clear.....we're de-emphasizing football and going full cheap on the program. Back to the 60's boys.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No it needs to be the games you're supposed to win when you're in a must win situation. That was Auburn. If you need another game to learn what virtually everyone else has figured out by now, that's on you.
Don’t be the typical drebin dbag. I know the truth as you do. I’m talking about what needs to convince our donors

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Don’t be the typical drebin dbag. I know the truth as you do. I’m talking about what needs to convince our donors
As evidenced in this thread, you don't have the first damn clue what our donors want. But like everything else under the sun, you damn sure have an opinion that disqualifies you from serious discussion on the subject.

Our donors are already moving on this front. Maybe one day you'll get to be in a cool club and get the real scoop.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login