Tomorrow will be like 2006 Clemson regional on the boards…..

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This team has been brutally close all year. I feel like we’re 5 plays away from this being a National Seed type year.

Parker is a star. Whatever he wants; he needs to get. Our pitchers compete in the zone just as hard as 2021’s. I never thought that was possible in June 2023.
Glad you enjoyed this season, next season’s roster will have us competing with Mizzou for last place in the SEC.

Reactions: onewoof

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This team has been brutally close all year. I feel like we’re 5 plays away from this being a National Seed type year.

Parker is a star. Whatever he wants; he needs to get. Our pitchers compete in the zone just as hard as 2021’s. I never thought that was possible in June 2023.
You’re not wrong, but we’ve got a ton of upperclassmen. And after a while, it seems like falling just short is the norm, not the exception. We can’t deny this.

I supported Lemonis. I don’t like him personally, because of some things I’ve seen (@ronpolk, wonder why?). But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, because, well, national title n shlt. Sometimes that’s a flawed approach and may prove itself true again.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Goat knows all. He’s one of the cigar bag holders. He knows people….

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
You’re not wrong, but we’ve got a ton of upperclassmen. And after a while, it seems like falling just short is the norm, not the exception. We can’t deny this.

I supported Lemonis. I don’t like him personally, because of some things I’ve seen (@ronpolk, wonder why?). But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, because, well, national title n shlt. Sometimes that’s a flawed approach and may prove itself true again.
I get it, but can’t we have that discussion in May / June 2025 instead of 2024?

This years team is very good on the mound, decent at the plate and very good defensively. That’s not impossible to rebuild. They’re going to need to go ‘big game hunting’, and we’ll see how it goes. The track record isnt great. It’ll need to improve this offseason.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Based off of merit, he should have been let go in the middle of last season. I’ve enjoyed the turnaround this season, but I have major doubts for the future. If he were let go last year, we would be building, not wondering.

All that to say that I hope that I’m wrong as hell and we kick the **** out of everyone we play the rest of the year and future years before the Chinese take us over*.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I get it, but can’t we have that discussion in May / June 2025 instead of 2024?

This years team is very good on the mound, decent at the plate and very good defensively. That’s not impossible to rebuild. They’re going to need to go ‘big game hunting’, and we’ll see how it goes. The track record isnt great. It’ll need to improve this offseason.
We have to replace an entire team. I don’t see how that’s feasible. And then we will need another favorable sec schedule. Also we will be competing with OM for a coach so if we go after the same guy we will lose.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Glad you enjoyed this season, next season’s roster will have us competing with Mizzou for last place in the SEC.

The great thing is, when you turn out to be wrong about this, you'll be here telling us you were wrong and spreading positivity all over.

Great to have you here.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I would ask you to give us an example of the things you’ve seen that make you not like him, but hell that type of question may lead you to tell us you’re really Tate Reeves.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We have to replace an entire team. I don’t see how that’s feasible. And then we will need another favorable sec schedule. Also we will be competing with OM for a coach so if we go after the same guy we will lose.
It’ll be tough. I think a lot of portal guys want to come into a good situation a make it a great one. We definitely wont be selling that. But, what other option is there? We gotta develop our arms and hope we hit in the portal.

We need to lock up Parker first and foremost. Things would get real if we suddenly watched him go to Ark after Matt Hobbs gets some Sun Belt gig.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’ll be tough. I think a lot of portal guys want to come into a good situation a make it a great one. We definitely wont be selling that. But, what other option is there? We gotta develop our arms and hope we hit in the portal.

We need to lock up Parker first and foremost. Things would get real if we suddenly watched him go to Ark after Matt Hobbs gets some Sun Belt gig.
Lemonis acted like the portal recruiting was going very well in his post game presser

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This team will be remembered for doing better than expected but the worst base running team ever in the nation

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login