Tonight’s Basketball Crowd…

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
At 5:45 traffic flow was terrible. You’d have thought it was a sellout based on the bumper to bumper traffic not moving. Lots of folks didn’t get in there until after tip. Definitely need more roads or better planning in and around parking for basketball.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I HATE the 10 minute to the beginning of the game stadium pictures trying to demonstrate a small crowd. Lots of people don’t get to their seats until right before tip. Post a pic 10 minutes into the game for a better example. I watched on TV and it looked like the lower bowl was about full. Announced attendance was 8,100 so I would guess there were about 7,000 people there in actuality.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
At 5:45 traffic flow was terrible. You’d have thought it was a sellout based on the bumper to bumper traffic not moving. Lots of folks didn’t get in there until after tip. Definitely need more roads or better planning in and around parking for basketball.
Whoever thought going from 4 lanes to 2 would increase traffic flow is an idiot. If you’re going Saturday night, pretend the game starts at 7:00. It’s expected to be a sellout and traffic will be a nightmare.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Whoever thought going from 4 lanes to 2 would increase traffic flow is an idiot. If you’re going Saturday night, pretend the game starts at 7:00. It’s expected to be a sellout and traffic will be a nightmare.
Seriously, I'd love to know who made that decision and their reasoning behind it.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
This is an age old problem. After the game it seems like a three ring circus unless one parks near the police station area or other parts a long walk away. It is part of it and apparently will never change.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is an age old problem. After the game it seems like a three ring circus unless one parks near the police station area or other parts a long walk away. It is part of it and apparently will never change.
I'd hate for some of all to have to move your legs more than a few steps.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
6 PM tip on a weekday is tough. i couldnt get there until 6:20 just because of travel time. It is what it is.

Reactions: Dawg84

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
6 PM tip on a weekday is tough. i couldnt get there until 6:20 just because of travel time. It is what it is.
Next 3 Saturdays are home games, and next 3 Wednesdays are away games. We have no more excuses. We just beat #5 and are 12-3. What's sad is that it has come to this to make people show up.

Win and they will come.........
Same ole Miss Stake mentality. Prove it first.

And I guarantee you, if we drop a couple games, the ones who came will promptly vacate stage left.

Until our fans in general adopt a habit of going to games and only miss for true excuses, things will remain the same in football and basketball. They'd rather play fall travel baseball than go to football games, just unbelievable.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Traffic into & out of the Bulldog Club parking lots was a complete ****-show. They have got to address this crap. It never should be that bad for a basketball game.

Reactions: msugolf

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I HATE the 10 minute to the beginning of the game stadium pictures trying to demonstrate a small crowd. Lots of people don’t get to their seats until right before tip. Post a pic 10 minutes into the game for a better example. I watched on TV and it looked like the lower bowl was about full. Announced attendance was 8,100 so I would guess there were about 7,000 people there in actuality.
Especially on a 17ing weeknight game. I'd have trouble getting into a sporting event in my hometown by 5:50 on a weeknight unless I left work early. It's not exactly surprising that we're still light on crowd 10 minutes before tip.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

And who in their infinite wisdom decided to make Bailey Howell Dr. 1 lane each way instead of 2 each way, with raised cross walks and flower beds thrown in no less?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Traffic into & out of the Bulldog Club parking lots was a complete ****-show. They have got to address this crap. It never should be that bad for a basketball game.
Yea, if we had 8,000 in attendance, that's probably not but 4,000 cars? Granted you have workers and other stuff that comes with the fans, but that really shouldn't cause that much of a snafu on a campus with what, 18k students?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Next 3 Saturdays are home games, and next 3 Wednesdays are away games. We have no more excuses. We just beat #5 and are 12-3. What's sad is that it has come to this to make people show up.

Same ole Miss Stake mentality. Prove it first.

And I guarantee you, if we drop a couple games, the ones who came will promptly vacate stage left.

Until our fans in general adopt a habit of going to games and only miss for true excuses, things will remain the same in football and basketball. They'd rather play fall travel baseball than go to football games, just unbelievable.
You act like that is something privy to MSU. It's not.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They'd rather play fall travel baseball than go to football games, just unbelievable.
I just want to make sure I understand your comment here. Are you saying people would rather watch their own kids play sports than go to a college football game?

I mean... I would and I think most parents would too.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The crowd definitely filled in.

Awesome pics. Looks like the lower bowl was completely full and the top bowl was mostly full. I’d say the announced attendance of 8,160 was pretty much on the nose. Not bad for a midweek game before the students are back.

Reactions: Dawg84

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You act like that is something privy to MSU. It's not.
We have to do it better than the others. I'm not saying have a bigger overall crowd. I'm saying we have to fill what we have and create an atmosphere that coaches want to coach in and players want to play in. In other words, a culture.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just want to make sure I understand your comment here. Are you saying people would rather watch their own kids play sports than go to a college football game?

I mean... I would and I think most parents would too.
They would rather pay big money for their kids to play overkill sports. Tournament baseball and tournament soccer are mainly what I'm talking about, those are the big money items that seem to bleed over into different seasons and especially the weekends, and take up extra time.

No reason to get all up in arms about this. It's just facts. Those things take away from attendance, bottom line. We all choose our priorities.

There's not as much travel football and basketball for kids, at least in MS/AL and surrounding areas of Starkville, and those generally stay during the week or at worst, on Saturday mornings.

I do think baseball attendance is affected, too. But there are ways to intertwine that. And of course basketball is affected by hunting.

There's always excuses.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
6pm tips during the week always lead to late arriving crowds.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If you park close to the venue, traffic is going to be bad after the game. That's a given.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login