Tonight SUCKED…

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
But, how many of us said we’d be happy to finish this three game stretch with two wins? I was in that camp. Mike Leach is gonna Mike Leach. We’re going to lose some ugly games. The sky isn’t falling, and it least the letdown came tonight before everybody revived the “We Believe” crap next week.

The one question I have, is why did we completely give up on the balanced offensive attack that made us look so good against A&M and Arkansas? Is that all based on what Will was seeing at the line? I’ve seen it mentioned several times that Will always has the option to call a run play at the line. Seems like Leach said it during an interview. Was Kentucky’s defensive movement confusing Will that much?

Reactions: Motodawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Short answer. Yes. They had 4-6 near the line all night. He would call pass and they would bring pressure from different places and not let him sit comfy.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Short answer. Yes. They had 4-6 near the line all night. He would call pass and they would bring pressure from different places and not let him sit comfy.
Yep, they didn't sell out either way. I was watching that specifically. They weren't dropping 8 or anything else consistently. The new way to beat the Leach gimmick. I said that sort of tounge in cheek but there is some truth there. In year three it seems we can defeat a predictable defense...... that's an improvement actually.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login