Tony Pollard should be the starter for the Cowboys.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He will be next year.

They’ll continue to use both him and Zeke situationally when both are healthy. They’ve been at almost 50/50 split even before Zeke got hurt.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You sure? Pollard will be a free agent after this season. Jerry will have to pay the man

They will resign (or franchise tag) Pollard and let Zeke walk. Zeke’s a $16 million cap hit if they bring him back, which is a hit they aren’t going to take on a 28 year old RB. The only other option is to let both of them walk.

ETA: Another thing that MIGHT happen is Zeke agrees to a restructure where he takes way less money to avoid being cut. But that doesn’t seem especially likely considering how he handled his contract situation previously.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDawg0074

kired

Aug 22, 2008
That’s been the case for a while now. This really is their chance to make a run. Strong defense and two good RBs that are capable of starting.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Pollard's got 81 touches thus far this year with 506 Yds for a 6.2 Avg, His 2.5 year career totals are 398 touches for 2115 yds for a 5.3 Avg. Dude's earned his right to demand more touches if that's what he wants. Wouldn't blame if he went "Play me or Trade me" mode if that's what he wants.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Wouldn't blame if he went "Play me or Trade me" mode if that's what he wants.

The trade option is only on the table for the next 48 hours. And Dallas likely would require way more than anyone is willing to give up for a RB in a contract year. So in other words, its not an option.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Zeke hasn't looked good since he signed his contract extension. Giving him that much money was just another blunder by the Dallas front office. Still holding out hope Dak gets out so I can go back to hating them.
Man that hurts. Grew up as a Cowboy fan like many southern kids back in the day. My interest in professional sports wained as I got older but Dak going to the Cowboys pulled me back in somewhat; at least for Cowboy Games. But my hatred for Jerugh keeps me nauseated. Bad Marriage I guess so to speak.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He's a dynamic playmaker. One of the best in the NFL at RB in terms of explosive play potential.

My question is the pass blocking. It's always been a problem for him and it's a very big deal in the NFL. Zeke's one of the best.

Having those two guys is a good problem for now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login