Toomer's Corner Trees Can Be Rolled Again

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They gave the all clear that the trees have been established enough to bring the tradition back. For all their faults, I am happy about that for their fans. I think it's one of those traditions that makes the SEC the SEC, like cowbells at Mississippi State, out of shape guys in orange & white overalls at Tennessee, the sun finding its home in the western sky at LSU, and casual racism at Ole Miss.

Also, to be clear, while I'm happy to see a tradition restored, I mean this from the bottom of my heart... 17 Hugh Freeze and 17 John Cohen and 17 Cam Newton and 17 Auburn and 17 a few other 17ing people that I didn't think of off the top of my head.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
They gave the all clear that the trees have been established enough to bring the tradition back. For all their faults, I am happy about that for their fans. I think it's one of those traditions that makes the SEC the SEC, like cowbells at Mississippi State, out of shape guys in orange & white overalls at Tennessee, the sun finding its home in the western sky at LSU, and casual racism at Ole Miss.

Also, to be clear, while I'm happy to see a tradition restored, I mean this from the bottom of my heart... 17 Hugh Freeze and 17 John Cohen and 17 Cam Newton and 17 Auburn and 17 a few other 17ing people that I didn't think of off the top of my head.
I have several friends who are auburn alums and good people but, with all due respect, I must say I find a number of the traditions practised by AU to be very odd and this is one of them. The toomers corner toilet paper rolling is like a self-inflicted practical joke. It's akin to egging your own car. Weird, very weird.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I have several friends who are auburn alums and good people but, with all due respect, I must say I find a number of the traditions practised by AU to be very odd and this is one of them. The toomers corner toilet paper rolling is like a self-inflicted practical joke. It's akin to egging your own car. Weird, very weird.
I don't disagree with you, but I think it's one of those weird things that makes me prefer college to pros. It's like all the weird stuff A&M does. I clown on a lot of it, but in a weird way, I'm glad it exists because you don't see it anywhere else.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I don't disagree with you, but I think it's one of those weird things that makes me prefer college to pros. It's like all the weird stuff A&M does. I clown on a lot of it, but in a weird way, I'm glad it exists because you don't see it anywhere else.
a bridge too far

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Toilet Paper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: Pookieray and Dawgg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Its professional racism at Ole Miss.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login