Top 25 CFB stadiums...

Sep 29, 2022
I don't get it.

21. Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Ole Miss Rebels, est. 1915​

Long one of the most unique atmospheres in college sports with its famed tailgating scene in The Grove, a 10-acre grassy area of land shaded by oak trees in the heart of campus, Vaught-Hemingway turns into Party Central in the fall. Fans from both teams flock to open-air tents in The Grove that feature all the amenities, from big-screen TVs to fully stocked bars, even chandeliers. The women students are known to dress in their Sunday best, and there's an air of Southern hospitality you don't find on every SEC campus in the fall.

Vaught-Hemingway crammed in a record crowd of 66,703 last season for the Rebels' win over LSU. There are certainly larger stadiums around the college football landscape, but there aren't many environments that are more fun than spending a day at the Vaught. -- Low

• Haha
Reactions: Dawg84

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I just skimmed to see the ranks. Didn't read to determine the why, but several seemed out of place. Probably would have pushed georgia higher than they were.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
They are ranking the supposed best stadia in the country, and the blurb about OM talks about how great the grove is.

Newsflash, dipshiits: the trees aren't in that piece of shiit stadium, nor are they on the grounds around it. I guess we should have submitted Dudy Noble as evidence of how great DWS is.

The whole list is shiit. Bama way overrated. Oregon. Army?? WTF. I don't think any of these supposed writers has been to any of these stadia. Also, did y'all know the plural of stadium is stadia? I like saying stadia.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Reminds me of my best friend’s story about going to Memphis to have his shots, test, etc. completed before joining the National Guard. As told by him:

Recruiter (excitedly): “We’re staying across the street from the PEABODY!”

Friend: “but where are we staying?”

Recruiter: “across the street from the PEABODY!”

Friend: “but what hotel?”

Recruiter: “the holiday inn…. But it’s across the street from the PEABODY!”

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Reminds me of my best friend’s story about going to Memphis to have his shots, test, etc. completed before joining the National Guard. As told by him:

Recruiter (excitedly): “We’re staying across the street from the PEABODY!”

Friend: “but where are we staying?”

Recruiter: “across the street from the PEABODY!”

Friend: “but what hotel?”

Recruiter: “the holiday inn…. But it’s across the street from the PEABODY!”
Heh...I stayed in that hotel. I think it's a Holiday inn brand.

Reactions: Dawgg

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
They are ranking the supposed best stadia in the country, and the blurb about OM talks about how great the grove is.

Newsflash, dipshiits: the trees aren't in that piece of shiit stadium, nor are they on the grounds around it.

Perhaps at one time the Grove was a unique experience, but now it just doesn't have anything you can't see at other tailgating venues, especially in the SEC. It certainly doesn't make OM's snap-tite stadium any better.

It's such a cliché pick. "BeTtUr iNcLuDe tEh GRROOOOOOVE! So PURDY!!"

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The article didn't give any criteria. Maybe LSU fans are the most obnoxious but...

Tiger stadium is a dump. It is old. It has small concourses. Their upper deck is ridiculous high. Endzone seats are too low. The grounds around it is nothing special. I don't particularly care for their campus architecture. The city is a crap hole. Anyways.... I've stated my case.

Alabama and Auburn are nicer stadiums and campuses than LSU.

But of the stadiums I've been to, Razorback stadium is the nicest venue. It has modern amenities. Beautiful facade and in a beautiful setting. Great sight lines. When they are good, their fans are loud. Etc etc.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login