Top 3 Moments from Last Night

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
1. Gabe Jackson destroying the bell
2. The "let's give them something to talk about" sing along (and the young lass in the denim dress that the camera kept finding)
3. The baby on the flex cam

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
2. The "let's give them something to talk about" sing along (and the young lass in the denim dress that the camera kept finding)
You didn’t like the dude in the belly shirt and maroon jean shorts? At least I think it was a dude

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I thought the night actually got off to it's flying start when the pyro guys rolled the 2 carts into the middle of the field just before the band was to start their pregame thing. Poor band directors had to crawl down off their ladders, run out and drag them off the field and run back up the ladders just in time.
Then came the bell thing and I was hoping it all wasn't an omen for the rest of the night. Turns out it was.

Must have missed the young lass but the baby flex at least added a little humor toward the end of a long night.

Reactions: Spotdawg

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I’m not proposing this as a top moment, but the flyover planes looked like they were business jets. Prob not, but that was a bit odd whatever they were. Granted, we’ve been treated to odder flyovers in the past.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Getting off the bus.
Putting on the uniforms.
Running onto the field at the sound of "Hail State".

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I thought the night actually got off to it's flying start when the pyro guys rolled the 2 carts into the middle of the field just before the band was to start their pregame thing. Poor band directors had to crawl down off their ladders, run out and drag them off the field and run back up the ladders just in time.
Then came the bell thing and I was hoping it all wasn't an omen for the rest of the night. Turns out it was.
Yuup, the ole' lady and I had a birds eye view for that. Poor band director was giving it his all, but that cart was putting up a fight. Fortunately the young lady whose path was blocked simply marched around it. Just like last year the cart on the right produced no flames.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
One more gripe, when they have the "Salute to Service," par down what the PA guy has to say to the fewest words as possible, as it is near impossible to hear what is said when he goes that long.

Something like this, "tonight we honor Lt Aldo Raine, a 1939 graduate of MSU, he was deployed to France where we earned a Bronze star, he is joined by his wife, Bridget von Hammersmark, and son Max."

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The students were again one of the few bright points. The student section was packed and they were rocking. Most stayed until the half. I can't blame them for leaving early, if the coaches aren't going to put the effort into fielding a halfway interested team, then fans can't be blamed for leaving early.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The students were again one of the few bright points. The student section was packed and they were rocking. Most stayed until the half. I can't blame them for leaving early, if the coaches aren't going to put the effort into fielding a halfway interested team, then fans can't be blamed for leaving early.
I know a couple of the front row students. Very glad to hear they got more stamina than most of us.

Tech and 10 was during my time. We had that conversation during last year....now looks like they getting it this year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login