Tornado Fundraiser via NugDawg

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
This is from user @Nugdawg

I’m sharing this with many text groups to get the word out so if you get this multiple times forgive me.

Years ago a tornado devastated Smithville MS and we at Loansource rented a large truck and through our friends and contacts filled the truck with food, water, clothing, diapers, formula and so many other basic necessities. I made contact with some folks there and was able to take the truck to the folks in Smithville.

This morning God has laid it on my heart to do the same for Rolling Fork. I am working with our friend Bert Clark who lives in Rolling Fork to find the right contacts for us there.

On Monday morning we will have a Penske Truck in the Loansource parking lot at 207 Waterford Square Madison MS. It will be there until we get it filled hopefully by midweek and we will take it to Rolling Fork. My commitment to you is every dime or item given will go to the folks in dire need in that area. If you have goods for us you can drop them off with us there starting Monday at noon or if you want to make a monetary donation you can Venmo @RachelC-Lea-3

I just want to get the word out that we need your help.

Thanks
Denny

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
All I ask is for people not to forget Silver City. That entire community was wiped out and they will need help, too. For those not familiar it is a small community of around 300 people. Most are going to be living at or below the poverty line. Many may not have insurance. These people are hurting badly.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Don't forget Wren, Amory, and yet again....Smithville, either.

Grevlin

Apr 30, 2016
@dawgstudent Could you pass along a message to @Nugdawg in case he's too busy to check. A friend teaches nursing at Delta State and she said there's a need for plus size clothing in that area. Sharkey County has one of the highest obesity rates in the state and most used clothing donations are not the larger sizes. She also said don't forget underwear, especially larger size sports bras.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login