Tough to beat the Lakers AND the refs.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Don’t go 9/42 from 3.

The Grizzlies were doomed when Adams was gone for the season. Too much shìtty shooting and players not stepping up.
True. Grizz didn’t shoot well enough to win. Bane showed up but not in the clutch. But still frustrating to see so many calls go the Lakers’ way, especially with their incessant whining.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m as quick as anyone to curse officiating, but I posted in a Grizz discord channel earlier that Bane/Brooks/Tyus are 17/75 from 3 in this series. That’s 22% through 4 games, and you’re not going to beat anyone in the playoffs when your shooters can’t shoot

These Lakers are entirely beatable, so I’m not gonna mail it in quite yet, but I’ve got a long list of thoughts about this Grizzlies roster and in short… it ain’t good enough for playoff basketball

Edited to add: Good riddance to Brooks after this season

Reactions: Dawgg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The Grizzlies became unlikeable the last 6 months. They pivoted from embracing a scrappy underdog role to s h i t talking everyone. Bizarre decision given the fact the franchise has only won 2 playoff series the previous 10 seasons.
As much as I hate reading this, it’s 100% accurate. They spent the last two years being the young, likable underdogs, and they tossed that down the drain in a hurry this season. 99% of the league now loves watching them lose

I don’t know if this group will ever shake the stigma, but step 1 is letting Dillon walk this off-season. He brings nothing but bad shots to the table on offense, and his defense is laughably overrated. The energy is always there which is great, but if you go look at any advanced metrics defensive stat that’s out there, he’s not even on most of the lists. He’s not stopping anyone from scoring, and whatever he does actually do on that end doesn’t make up for his offensive ineptitude or other BS

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Grizz were hopeless for a playoff run without Adams. You need a couple of big bodies/enforcer types to be consistent in the playoffs. The young guys just don't know what it takes. Really missing Adams' relative experience and toughness.

Grizz need to move on from Dilllon. I love his defense and intensity. I don't even mind situational **** talking in the moment and on the court. It can be entertaining and effective. His **** talking IQ is 0 though. Turning locker room interviews into something that looks like a WWE pre fight interview, calling out one of, if not the best player of all time, and giving your opponent locker room material is just brain dead. I don't care what he offers on defense...shooting 3 for a million from the field and motivating your opponent to bring their A game isn't it.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The Grizzlies became unlikeable the last 6 months. They pivoted from embracing a scrappy underdog role to s h i t talking everyone. Bizarre decision given the fact the franchise has only won 2 playoff series the previous 10 seasons.
They really did. It's youth and a little bit of success. Recipe for not acting right. They'll make some changes and refocus...I hope.

Reactions: HailStout and Dawgg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Brooks is the **** talker that gets everyone pissed off and I highly doubt he will be resigned. Ja is a talker too but he can at least back it up on the court. He’s young and cocky and will more than likely grow out of that.

In the offseason I would trade Tyus Jones for a solid wing player to take Brooks spot and sign a veteran PG.

Reactions: HailStout and Dawgg

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The Grizz had their shot. Bane missed 3 or 4 open threes down the stretch. LeBron made them pay. The last play of regulation didn’t have to be a play to tie the game. The Grizz gave up a comfortable lead.

Losing Stephen Adams and Brandon Clarke made this series the worst first round matchup for the Grizz. They still should have an even series at least, but when you poke bears they poke back.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This thread has been up for 12 hours without someone commenting on how they don’t care about the NBA or how much it sucks now and how muchbetter it was back in their day. I just have to say I am proud of everybody.

Reactions: mstateglfr

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
This thread has been up for 12 hours without someone commenting on how they don’t care about the NBA or how much it sucks now and how muchbetter it was back in their day. I just have to say I am proud of everybody.
Well I just don’t call it the NBA or basketball. Just “entertainment” **

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The Grizz had their shot. Bane missed 3 or 4 open threes down the stretch. LeBron made them pay. The last play of regulation didn’t have to be a play to tie the game. The Grizz gave up a comfortable lead.

Losing Stephen Adams and Brandon Clarke made this series the worst first round matchup for the Grizz. They still should have an even series at least, but when you poke bears they poke back.
People are going to point to Bane’s 30 pt game last night and give him credit, but the truth is that he was probably the #1 guy that the Grizz needed to step up this series, and he has been a shell of his regular season self. Bad handling the ball, bad around the rim, and unusually awful from 3. I’m pretty sure he’s due an extension this off-season, and it feels like he’s cost himself a lot of money over the past few months with his inconsistent play

edited to add: I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an NBA player as good as Bane with such an utter lack of explosiveness around the rim. When he drives, he genuinely struggles to get more than 6 points inches off the ground which is why he constantly gets blocked

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Brooks is the **** talker that gets everyone pissed off and I highly doubt he will be resigned. Ja is a talker too but he can at least back it up on the court. He’s young and cocky and will more than likely grow out of that.

In the offseason I would trade Tyus Jones for a solid wing player to take Brooks spot and sign a veteran PG.
The off-season is going be really interesting. The narrative will be all about injuries and what ifs, but no matter where people want to place blame, the fact is that it’ll be the 3rd straight, highly disappointing and borderline uncompetitive playoff appearance in a row. This roster is not good enough for playoff basketball

The question, though, is what issues do you address? With Ja’s max deal kicking in next year, I’m convinced that they’re letting Dillon walk without a replacement, and the hope is that Roddy can fill that void. Can they bank on that, though? On top of that, they still badly need interior defense that can complement JJJ, and I’m still pissed that they used so much draft capital last year on guys that can’t help this team right now rather than figuring something out there. Ziaire’s another big question mark, but at the moment, that pick’s looking terrible too

Knowing this management team, they’re not gonna do much this offseason other than make a couple small moves, but this team needs something.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The off-season is going be really interesting. The narrative will be all about injuries and what ifs, but no matter where people want to place blame, the fact is that it’ll be the 3rd straight, highly disappointing and borderline uncompetitive playoff appearance in a row. This roster is not good enough for playoff basketball

The question, though, is what issues do you address? With Ja’s max deal kicking in next year, I’m convinced that they’re letting Dillon walk without a replacement, and the hope is that Roddy can fill that void. Can they bank on that, though? On top of that, they still badly need interior defense that can complement JJJ, and I’m still pissed that they used so much draft capital last year on guys that can’t help this team right now rather than figuring something out there. Ziaire’s another big question mark, but at the moment, that pick’s looking terrible too

Knowing this management team, they’re not gonna do much this offseason other than make a couple small moves, but this team needs something.
Adams provides good interior defense that complements Jaren. It allows Jaren to roam around and block shots. The main issue is the wing spot where Brooks is. I like Roddy but he’s not the answer there.

I know it’s disappointing but they’re the 2nd youngest team in the NBA. Experience means a lot.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Adams provides good interior defense that complements Jaren. It allows Jaren to roam around and block shots. The main issue is the wing spot where Brooks is. I like Roddy but he’s not the answer there.

I know it’s disappointing but they’re the 2nd youngest team in the NBA. Experience means a lot.
They have to get a vet for leadership and a wing who can hit a few 3s to replace Brooks. It could be the same person, but good wings seem to be the leagues most valuable resource.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Don’t go 9/42 from 3.

The Grizzlies were doomed when Adams was gone for the season. Too much shìtty shooting and players not stepping up.
And all the analysts say losing Brandon Clarke was even worse than losing Adams. Maybe next year.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Pretty embarrassing ending for the Grizz last night. They have some good young players but the gap between being a playoff team and an actual championship contender is pretty big.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
40 points! 😂. The "old man" whooped them tricks, mane.

"Whoop them tricks, get em."

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016

I don’t get Zaire. He was serviceable last year.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Pretty embarrassing ending for the Grizz last night. They have some good young players but the gap between being a playoff team and an actual championship contender is pretty big.
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in our decision to not address this at all during the last year. It was an obvious problem for us last season, and we addressed it by letting Kyle Anderson walk and drafting 4 more rookies. Currently, our two vets are Steven Adams and Brooks. I mean, people keep bringing up the lack of maturity of this team, and one of our locker room leaders is Dillon 17n Brooks.

We've got to have a strategy this offseason other than waiting for these kids to grow up

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, I'm really disappointed in our decision to not address this at all during the last year. It was an obvious problem for us last season, and we addressed it by letting Kyle Anderson walk and drafting 4 more rookies. Currently, our two vets are Steven Adams and Brooks. I mean, people keep bringing up the lack of maturity of this team, and one of our locker room leaders is Dillon 17n Brooks.

We've got to have a strategy this offseason other than waiting for these kids to grow up
I mean yeah a veteran would certainly help but Kyle Anderson really isn’t the answer on the wing and if Adams isn’t hurt that series looks completely different. Memphis had no answer for containing Davis for rebounds and slowing him down offensively.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I mean yeah a veteran would certainly help but Kyle Anderson really isn’t the answer on the wing and if Adams isn’t hurt that series looks completely different. Memphis had no answer for containing Davis for rebounds and slowing him down offensively.
I didn’t think Kyle was the answer. My point was that we solved our youth problem by somehow getting even younger.

and I do agree that Adams would’ve helped in this series, but he’s not exactly a defensive dynamo, and it was just last year when he had to be pulled in the Minnesota series due to be completely ineffective. Bottom line, this entire season has been marked by immaturity, and at some point, we’ve got to stop filling gaps with more rooks

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I didn’t think Kyle was the answer. My point was that we solved our youth problem by somehow getting even younger.

and I do agree that Adams would’ve helped in this series, but he’s not exactly a defensive dynamo, and it was just last year when he had to be pulled in the Minnesota series due to be completely ineffective. Bottom line, this entire season has been marked by immaturity, and at some point, we’ve got to stop filling gaps with more rooks
I think you’ll see some movement this off-season to address that.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

The Grizzlies need to decide if they’re okay just being a somewhat relevant playoff team or if they want to make some tough decisions to become a legit title contender. You have to be more aggressive when a player like KD is on the market.

Today’s NBA is all about making sure your stars are happy. Something not being discussed is Ja demanding a trade in the future. That’s a real possibility, especially with the knuckleheads he has surrounding him.

MSF87

Sep 29, 2022
They were aggressive at the deadline. They offered 4 first round picks for Mikal Bridges following the Durant trade, but Brooklyn turned them down. Bridges would have been a massive boost to this team, even with the injuries.

Ja demanding a trade isn't being discussed because that's completely hypothetical. There's never been any hint of that.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login