Tua might’ve just been concussed again

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's malpractice by whatever doctor cleared him after the last times. Great player, but he has no business playing football. The next 20-30 years aren't going to be good for him.

Reactions: MSUGUY

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
How someone with history lowers his head instead of slides after the 1st down is made is pretty frustrating.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's malpractice by whatever doctor cleared him after the last times. Great player, but he has no business playing football. The next 20-30 years aren't going to be good for him.
Its also malpractice by the Dolphins’ front office to give him $167 million guaranteed, after what all has transpired. He could never play another down after tonight, and both him and the salary cap still get every cent of that.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
It reminds me of Luke Kuechly. I remember watching when he got his last concussion and was crying as they took him off.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Seriously needs to consider retiring.
He certainly should while he still has his senses. Seeing that hit in slow motion it's a wonder his neck wasn't broken, then his head bouncing around both in the air and on the ground. Great player, but he's young and has a long life to live.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Its also malpractice by the Dolphins’ front office to give him $167 million guaranteed, after what all has transpired. He could never play another down after tonight, and both him and the salary cap still get every cent of that.
It's not all of the guaranteed money, but the dolphins have $50M of it insured.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’d be shocked if Tua walks away. Rather he should or not maybe should be discussed but he ain’t walking away, at least not now.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
132 million of it is guaranteed.
And the full $167 million is guaranteed so long as he gets anyone to not clear him medically to continue playing football.

Spoiler alert - he won’t have a hard time finding someone with that opinion, and the Dolphins won’t want to deal with the PR nightmare of challenging it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’d be shocked if Tua walks away. Rather he should or not maybe should be discussed but he ain’t walking away, at least not now.
He should walk away. Living out the rest of your life knowing where you are is more important than playing football and he has guaranteed money to live a very good life after football.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He should walk away. Living out the rest of your life knowing where you are is more important than playing football and he has guaranteed money to live a very good life after football.
I agree he is in a position to make a decision without the worry of money. However, I still would be shocked if he did. I just don’t think these guys think about things logically all the time.

I honestly have no opinion on if he should or shouldn’t. If I were him, I’d do whatever the doctors told me to do.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I was talking to my brother. He is friends with a retired nfl qb who spent 14 years in the league
. Now he has bad memory problems. Tua should retire. You cant put a monetary number on your health.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
It shouldn't be in his hands at this point. If the NFL had any sense, they'd just rule him ineligible for life. That dude has so many brain injuries. He didn't get concussed, he was KTFO, again. If I was the Dolphins (and I'm a fan) I'd look for a "it's for his own good give us a break" loophole here.

He's toast, any prolonging the inevitable sets everyone up for billion dollar lawsuits.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Seriously needs to consider retiring.
Yes, if I was him, I'd get with my agent and the Dolphins and negotiate a settlement. Then retire. He has enough money to last him the rest of his life. No point in ruining his older age with concussion complications.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
I agree he is in a position to make a decision without the worry of money. However, I still would be shocked if he did. I just don’t think these guys think about things logically all the time.

I honestly have no opinion on if he should or shouldn’t. If I were him, I’d do whatever the doctors told me to do.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login