Tua

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Wow just scary on top of last week, hopefully this is not post concussive.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Yeah, he got starched. He was put on ***** street last week. He should have never been in the game. Only 4 days rest. Hell, he shouldn't have been put back in the game last week. This is going to be a debacle. IMO the protocol wasn't followed. This is going to be a MAJOR issue for the NFL.

Reactions: Hot Rock and MSUGUY

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I just don’t know if Tua is cut out for football. Start adding up some of the injuries he’s gone through and you start to wonder about his quality of life post-football.

That said, I don’t see how it reflects poorly on the Dolphins. He was cleared by the neurologist to return. Unless the Dolphins somehow tampered with the Doc - they seem to be in the clear.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Tua has had 4 serious injuries unfortunately. The NFLPA have their own neuro docs in addition to the Dolphin team docs. There will some explaining to do but that doesn’t mean someone made a mistake in evaluating his status. Sad

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Dude should quit football now. Even after these injuries he's gonna be so 17ed up in the head. Not to sound morbid, but he's heading down a path of low life expectancy.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dolphins were saying last weekend's debacle was a "back injury". That's how he was cleared to play last night. That could be the case. I'm not a doctor. Regardless, the PR of this is going to be brutal.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Hope he's OK. I think I'd be retiring after that while I still had enough health to live a reasonable life.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Let me say that I have no love list for Goodell or the NFL, but can I ask a question to the board? At what point is a player like Tua responsible for Tua’s health?

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
I was taught to always protect myself on the field. Not blaming Tua for his injuries, but he did very little to prevent them.

On last weeks, he allowed a guy to push him backwards and he fell like a statue. Never tried to tuck, roll or anything. This resulted in his head hitting hard. And the reason he wasn’t expecting it was because he was too busy watching his ball flight.

Last night he never tried to resist or accommodate the tackler; ie - land softly. Instead he styed high and was attempting to throw a pass instead if tacking the sack. He was surprised at how quick the lineman was. But you have to go down in that situation. Live for another day.

Hate if for him, but even the MSU injury seemed he put himself in a vulnerable position.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
He’s a talented player but just too small for the NFL regardless of their ridiculous rules around hitting the QB. Hope he recovers and proves me wrong

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
He’s a talented player but just too small for the NFL regardless of their ridiculous rules around hitting the QB. Hope he recovers and proves me wrong
Brees is small but knows to dump the ball before getting hit by men that can end your career with one hit.

He doesn't have to be like Payton and dump it off when anyone is within 5 yards but he still thinks he's in high school back there in the pocket. Same thing happened at State when his hip was injured. He has to protect his body and he hasn't done that.

Reactions: Puppychow
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login