Tulu runs a 4.45 on first attempt

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Yeah. A little disappointing. He always looked like the fastest player on the field to me

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s not bad for an official time amirite? I’m not talking about Rosebowl camps here

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
Tulu can say tootaloo to his chances of getting drafted. His only hope was a team taking a chance on novelty type speed. Teams don’t draft a prospect that is only elite at kick returns.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Esp if he might not reallybe elite at kick returns. He is good but idk about elite. A sub 4.4 time would have certainly helped him. I wonder if he did any specialized training for this or just assumed he was fast enough ? Sounds like a no

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Esp if he might not reallybe elite at kick returns. He is good but idk about elite. A sub 4.4 time would have certainly helped him. I wonder if he did any specialized training for this or just assumed he was fast enough ? Sounds like a no
I'm going with no as well. Bookie was only .2 behind him. I have no idea how fast Tulu is but I'd have lost my house if you asked me to bet on those numbers.

looks like Bookie put in the work while Tulu didn't, which kind of sums up their careers at MSU if you ask me.

Aug 22, 2012
Tulu has put in the work. He’s been at training with several other players preparing for combine. Pre evaluation showed that most scouts wanted to see him put on some muscle. He’s done so if you watched yesterday. Has had some hamstring issues and elected to run anyway. Probably wishes now that he had waited till pro day. Why yall continue to be so critical of someone who could have gone anywhere in the country but stuck with us the whole time I do not understand. Sure he pushed for more money last year, but who wouldn’t given the environment. Guy was a great bulldog. Y’all cut him some slack. Geez. Pad speed versus shorts and t shirt speed are 2 different worlds. He will be fine.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Tulu has put in the work. He’s been at training with several other players preparing for combine. Pre evaluation showed that most scouts wanted to see him put on some muscle. He’s done so if you watched yesterday. Has had some hamstring issues and elected to run anyway. Probably wishes now that he had waited till pro day. Why yall continue to be so critical of someone who could have gone anywhere in the country but stuck with us the whole time I do not understand. Sure he pushed for more money last year, but who wouldn’t given the environment. Guy was a great bulldog. Y’all cut him some slack. Geez. Pad speed versus shorts and t shirt speed are 2 different worlds. He will be fine.
If that's the case then he made a very poor decision to run with a hamstring issue. Hopefully he can get a good showing at a pro day or personal workouts. A speedy slot/return man with slow 40 times is a tough sell in the war room.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

No one hates State like State fans.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not really anyone being critical. But he was always a huge longshot to get drafted….and needed a blazing 40 time just to get late round consideration. That’s now out the window, it would appear. He just doesn’t have the measurables. If he did, he would have likely had a shot to be a Top 3-4 rounder in the 2023 draft. Those are just the facts. Still applaud him for his career and am hopeful he can make a roster as an UDFA.

Bookie and Crumedy are the same story. 5th / 6th year college players are 5th / 6th year players for a reason.

Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Right. Critical ?? I'm disappointed. And I'm sure he is too. Like somebody else said I hope he gets a second chance and improves it. I.want to see him drafted so he can go make some money. I don't wanna see him bagging groceries at Williamsville.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
My opinion is that he is probably the top 3 fastest football player alive in a 20 yard dash. After that, not so much.
Maybe so. He's fast when the lights are on I know that. I still believe Nicky Fitz could outrun anyone in the 100 yard wearing pads in a football game.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
29 years and counting. We’ll hit the 3 decade mark since Moulds next spring.
What’s crazy is our most successful NFL WR from Moulds until current day would be Lance Long. He played in the NFL
from 2008-2012 and amassed 178 yards on 20 catches.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
My opinion is that he is probably the top 3 fastest football player alive in a 20 yard dash. After that, not so much.
40 yard dash continues to be the measuring stick, but it certainly seems more suited to some players and positions than others.

For RB’s, its almost meaningless. There are very few runs in the NFL that go even 15 yards. Let alone 40.

In the case of WR’s, a 60 yard dash seems more suited to players like Tulu whereas a 40 yard dash is more suited to the AJ Brown’s and Justin Jefferson’s of the world. Whether or not you have another gear after 40 yards matters a hell of a lot when you are the kind of player that Tulu is. But scouts seem to not care so much.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Eh 17 Tulu, he went and screwed off in the portal a few times just like the rest, and he came back because he got paid. So I suppose he's more bulldog than DJ or Rogers or RaRa or whoever, but I owe him nothing.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Eh 17 Tulu, he went and screwed off in the portal a few times just like the rest, and he came back because he got paid. So I suppose he's more bulldog than DJ or Rogers or RaRa or whoever, but I owe him nothing.
Once he got in the portal, not a few times, once. And it was after leach passed away. I swear we have the dumbest fan base. Yet we wonder why others make fun of us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login