Turks and Caicos...whacha got?

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Heading to a British property to celebrate the birth of 'Merica, what's the must do's while there.

Bringing the wife and kids so I don't need hookers or blow....allegedly.

Edit...not staying in a resort, will be on the North Shore of Provo near Da Conch Shack.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If you don't go around telling them how all their shiit sucks and how much better everything is in America, just stay gone, we won't want you back.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Da Conch Shack is a must.

Also, they have various small-group snorkeling excursions you can do where you can dive for your own conch, and they’ll cut it up and make ceviche for your group right there on the boat.

The Turks Head Lager is their local beer. I wouldn’t be afraid to pass on it, and get whatever you normally like at the beer / liquor store. For me, it was way too heavy to be a good beach brew, but to each their own. I ended up giving over half the beer we bought away before flying back…because I couldn’t drink it.

Chalk Sound is beautiful, but kind of a pain in the ***, depending on when you’re there. Really hot in the summer, and was pretty windy the day we went. Best way to explore it is by kayak, which you can rent there on-site at one of the local restaurants. The water is shallow all through, but the bottom is literally like a clay quick sand (like wet chalk, as the name implies). So, it’s not very pleasant to have to get out (or fall out) of your kayak in the middle of the water. The neat thing about it are the tiny mini-islands in the middle of it. They aren’t more than a 1000-2000 square feet, but still have little mini beaches with wild iguanas running around everywhere….ruling their mini kingdom.

Do all the diving, snorkeling, etc. that you can, if its your thing. Lots of fantastic spots for people of any skill level….even right off the shore in many cases. All the beach areas of Grace Bay are breathtaking. Water is pristine everywhere.

Ate at various mid tier to upscale restaurants. None were bad but none in particular stood out. Wish I had better advice, there.

Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: HotMop

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Jumping in on this conversation due to the wife and I may go next year for our 25th anniversary. Any resorts yall know we should consider?

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
You think I'm a communist? Here's my shirt for July 4th.
Not bad. That's only slightly less awesome than the t-shirt worn by my oldest son's classmate on the plane as they flew to Berlin on their German exchange trip:

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Heading to a British property to celebrate the birth of 'Merica, what's the must do's while there.

Bringing the wife and kids so I don't need hookers or blow....allegedly.

Edit...not staying in a resort, will be on the North Shore of Provo near Da Conch Shack.
As long as it's your wife's azz your snorting it off of I see nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: HotMop

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Related hijack: anyone spent more than an afternoon in St Thomas? Did a day there on a cruise stop and it was my king of place. Magens Bay was probably my best beach experience outside of Copacabana.

Should I make it a week or at least a long weekend?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login