TWENTY FOUR RUNS

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Skenes will pitch for sure tomorrow, right?

I took some of the commentary during game 2 to be it's a "maybe" for game 3.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Skenes will pitch for sure tomorrow, right?

I took some of the commentary during game 2 to be it's a "maybe" for game 3.
He threw 8 innings and 120 pitches on Thursday. I could see him being available for an inning. 3 day turnaround is pretty tough.

But with that said, I could definitely see LSU throwing him.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
He threw 8 innings and 120 pitches on Thursday. I could see him being available for an inning. 3 day turnaround is pretty tough.

But with that said, I could definitely see LSU throwing him.
LSU is going to throw him, and I hope UF tags him for 8 runs in 3 innings.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It is and it isnt. Florida needed a little spark and confidence, they were at a lull.

Yes it is a new game and you have Skenes on the mound. 2-3 hits and that Florida momentum could show up. Problem is, there are 20K coonasses in the stands yelling so it may be harder to get ol mo going.

Some numbers for you:
  • 14 of the 30 HR's in Omaha are Florida's
  • 30 runners left on base by LSU (new record)
  • 8 of the 23 errors in Omaha are LSU's

Moneyline at Vegas favors LSU and gives them 1.5 runs over Florida.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Bednar pitched 6 innings on 3 days rest. LSU will start Skenes and throw him all game if they can, until his ligaments snap. I predict he'll pitch until the 8th. Mute the TV.
That’s true. I don’t have a problem with skenes pitching. I’m not sure I’d start him but if it’s a close game late (say 7th inning or so), I’d bring him in.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
19 of those runs mean nothing. Today is a new day.
Yep, I'm sure Florida would love to take away two of those runs from yesterday and add them to their Saturday total. 1 win is just 1 win no matter the margin and now they have to face Skenes. Florida would have been best served to have won the first 2 games. LSU is still in great shape with Skenes going tonight.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
That’s true. I don’t have a problem with skenes pitching. I’m not sure I’d start him but if it’s a close game late (say 7th inning or so), I’d bring him in.
You start him. By the 7th inning, the best case scenario is that hte game is close. You can lose it in the first 18 outs.

Reactions: onewoof

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yes. It's 0-0. Perfect example this weekend. The Angels outscored the Rockies 32-12. The Rockies won the series.
Thats Ole Miss math pat after they outscore someone but lose the series. I've seen them do that several times and justify it with that scenario

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login