Twitter having fun with GT win over FSU.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Ran some errands this afternoon and XM84 was re-running their pregame show from this morning. 90% FSU/10%GT chatter and funny to say the least in hindsight .... "FSU might have the best Dline in CFB" among others.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seen on Facebook:
BREAKING: After his loss to Georgia Tech, DJ Uiagalelei says that he's just "3-4 transfers" away from reaching his full potential.

"This one stings, but I’m only 28. I’ve got another Utah State, Ole Miss, NC State, and maybe even Alcorn State move in me before I’m fully ready," DJ commented.
One of the comments:
I'm not sure about all the rules but I know the years at Clemson don't count as college.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s about not allowing the B1G into Atlanta. That would be a mistake. Miami too, honestly.
I don’t want them in the SEC footprint either. But how many schools can you take just to keep them out? SEC will have to add 4 schools (at least 2 of which they don’t want) just to keep Big 10 out of SC, GA & FL. And thats before you even consider expanding into NC or VA.

patdog

May 28, 2007
More:
🚨🚨🚨 BREAKING NEWS: FSU has involuntarily 'opt-ed out' of the 2024 College Football Playoffs 🤯
1724599447856.png

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t want them in the SEC footprint either. But how many schools can you take just to keep them out? SEC will have to add 4 schools (at least 2 of which they don’t want) just to keep Big 10 out of SC, GA & FL. And thats before you even consider expanding into NC or VA.
All depends on how far this goes. I wonder about the feasibility of a conference that is more than 18 members.

The ACC may be here much longer than we think.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
All depends on how far this goes. I wonder about the feasibility of a conference that is more than 18 members.

The ACC may be here much longer than we think.
I think even the SEC at 16 is really pushing it. Big 10 is already to the point it’s possible for 2 teams to have only 1 or 2 common opponents while competing for the same championship.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
GT has some things in common with &tate. In regards to few fans and tough recruiting.
They are fascinating to me. Located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, with plenty of money. But seems like they just don’t care all that much.

I don’t think they HAVE to keep their admission standards all that high like a Vandy, Duke or Stanford. Still have to have guys that can pass, though.

I think they and Miami may be the most attractive pieces for the B1G if they ever expand again, but I’m not convinced they will. I think FSU and Clemson are fighting so hard to ultimately end up in……the Big 12.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
They are fascinating to me. Located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, with plenty of money. But seems like they just don’t care all that much.

I don’t think they HAVE to keep their admission standards all that high like a Vandy, Duke or Stanford. Still have to have guys that can pass, though.

I think they and Miami may be the most attractive pieces for the B1G if they ever expand again, but I’m not convinced they will. I think FSU and Clemson are fighting so hard to ultimately end up in……the Big 12.
As a Georgia resident with an uncle who was in Bobby Dodd's last recruiting class - The only Tech fans who care are those old enough to remember Tech in the SEC and Bobby Dodd, and their children who were raised going to games. GT has an undergraduate student population that is 34% Asian, and 9% Other International students. And, it's a small student population only 19000 undergrads (I'm using 2023 stats). It is amazing that Tech can be competitive in any sports.

They are 8th in Atlanta behind the Falcons, Braves, Hawks, United, Dream, Gwinnett Stripers, Atlanta Gladiators, and possibly Georgia State

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login