Two Week Winter Weather Outlook

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Since there isn't a lot of severe weather this time of year and everybody is thinking about snow...either hoping we get some or praying e don't...we decided to start doing a two week winter weather outlook taking a look at 100 model ensembles to see what they have to say. This is something we'll keep updating every 5-7 days throughout the winter season.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/kroSiKRbZvZNEN1J/?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My life is already complete if I NEVER see another snowflake the rest of my time here. Still amazes me some of you pay money to vacation and play in that stuff, not to mention those of you that choose to live where it regularly falls. I'll take 90' and 90% humidity 365 days a year before I'll take 1 day of snow.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
My life is already complete if I NEVER see another snowflake the rest of my time here. Still amazes me some of you pay money to vacation and play in that stuff, not to mention those of you that choose to live where it regularly falls. I'll take 90' and 90% humidity 365 days a year before I'll take 1 day of snow.
That's the kind of negativity I don't need in my life. I love watching it snow. I could sit and look out the window for hours at a time just watching it fall.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Well, different folks for different strokes. All I will say is that when you work outside for 90-120 days out of year when it’s 90 degrees plus outside, a little skiing is a good time.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Well, different folks for different strokes. All I will say is that when you work outside for 90-120 days out of year when it’s 90 degrees plus outside, a little skiing is a good time.
My entire working career was spent outside in construction and site work from South Florida , to Alabama, MS, and AR. I'll still take summer over winter every time

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I just love the peacefulness and serenity that comes with watching it snow. The flakes silently falling down and turning everything white.
I’m in the middle of this. I want it hot all the time. Now if it has to be cold, let it snow. I love snow and the shenanigans that come from it.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
I’m in the middle of this. I want it hot all the time. Now if it has to be cold, let it snow. I love snow and the shenanigans that come from it.
This is me as well. I am not a fan of cold weather but it's inevitable. I would be ok with having a few good snows a year but none of the icy crap like we had in North Mississippi in February of '21 or the ice storms of the 90's

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I like the outside temperature to be from 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is over 80 there are only so many articles of clothing you can legally remove in public. At least below 60 you can wear more clothing to fit the temperature.

I love to watch the snow fall as well. It deadens the sound and makes the world more peaceful.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I like to ski… but I’m not a huge fan of snow at the house. Mainly because it’s such a disaster from the perspective of having to drive and the road conditions. If it’s just snow that comes and goes, I’m fine. If there is ice, I can do without it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Oh hell no.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Summers around here are long and oppressive. I will always take winter days over Summer. Used to travel up north on business all the time. Very rarely did the weather cause any real travel issues. A big part of dealing with it was just understanding how to drive in winter weather. It happens so seldom around here that most people just freak out if we get a couple of inches of snow. To folks up north it’s just another day and no big deal. Spent considerable time in Wisconsin and Michigan calling on customers and eventually got pretty comfortable with it. I must confess that I did have a customer in North Dakota and they had a couple of different plants that required a lot of driving so I did try avoid having to go see them in February. Also had one in Winnipeg for awhile. They just laughed and said they never saw any vendors in winter. A few days around here in July and August should be enough to make anyone love winter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login