Two weeks later, I'm still occasionally rewatching the A&M FG Block

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I've convinced myself it's one of the best pure radio broadcast play calls in State history. It can't break the top list because it's not to win a critical game or title, but for quality of the call in the moment to me it's up there with Bulldogs Recover, 2004 SEC champs, Master's slam, McNamee at FSU, and the Legend's game-winning single versus Texas.
Am I wrong?
Should I not be disappointed it didn't at least make the in-stadium highlight film for the Arkansas game?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thanks for re-posting this 00. I can't remember rewatching a clip this many times in a LONG Time. Gold. Pure Gold.

Omnichannel

Mar 4, 2018
I've convinced myself it's one of the best pure radio broadcast play calls in State history. It can't break the top list because it's not to win a critical game or title, but for quality of the call in the moment to me it's up there with Bulldogs Recover, 2004 SEC champs, Master's slam, McNamee at FSU, and the Legend's game-winning single versus Texas.
Am I wrong?
Should I not be disappointed it didn't at least make the in-stadium highlight film for the Arkansas game?

Neil Price is really good. That was an awesome call.

Reactions: Captain Ron

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
The only clips that come close to watching as many times are from the CWS games.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
When there is excitement Neil is very good, but he just doesn’t fill the air like Jack could. Great play & call. I wasn’t even thinking block there, so it was unexpected, which made it even better.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
The ground level angle is awesome. Gives an extra view into how freakishly athletic these Young MF's are.
Considering the ESPN camera didn't even give us a look at the block at all.... yes the Hailstate video is way better. and in HD as opposed to ESPNs standard definition they are broadcasting in for all of our games.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Definitely a thing of beauty. But I couldn’t believe when they said it was our first blocked FG in 8 years 🤯
Well, they were off by at least two years. We blocked a FG on the final play of the 2016 St. Petersburg Bowl (I checked the box score to make sure I was remembering correctly).

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
the energy of the team and the crowd on that blocked kick is a season moment no doubt, great stuff. the camera position, pan and the voice and the crowd noise, thats top shelf and it was captured so well

I remember this moment in 2014 and it was a before/after moment, watch how Dak stiff arms the db, then spins/drops the ball after scoring, you could tell this was not the only TD he was getting that day, the confidence and leadership from him on the field I will never forget, he was there to whoop some LSU *** that day

Sep 15, 2009
I like the script logo, but the connection of the "t" to the "e" bugs me. It should flow right into the e, not be offset like that. No one writes like that. Other than that, I love it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login