Ty Keyes

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Is available. Another guy everybody here had a stroke over us not pursuing. Leaving USM looking for playing time. Maybe we should give him a second look. He can run. Not sure if he can pass it tho

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Not sure if you’ve watched him at USM the last two years but he’s not an SEC QB. I’m not totally sure he’s an FBS QB.

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I remember that piece Rick Cleveland did on him and I was blown away. Sorry things didn't work out as he lit the MS H.S. scene of fire for a while but naw, no need to pursue Ty now. Why would we go after a guy who can't cut it at USM? Hope he finds some success elsewhere and has a good life.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s what I thought at first too. I was wondering when he had gotten into coaching.

This might be a fun exercise. Throw a like on this post if you had no idea who Ty Keys the MSU D Lineman was prior to this thread. No shame will be thrown at you. He played a long time ago.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'd take him. He's going into his 3rd season in 2023. A lot of you in this thread talking about how he's not this or that, and you don't know. He's young.

Do you honestly expect us to get anyone better out of the portal with a 4th year starter coming back, and a highly rated freshman coming in? Not happening. I see no reason he can't fill the role of a Chance Lovertich.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The only reason I posted this was I remember how disgusted half of yall were because Leach didn't offer this great Mississippi QB and of course he was right. Nobody else wanted him and he went to USM and now can't play there. Then now everybody is clamoring that we must have a running QB. Well there ya go. And also I do doubt we will find anyone good in the portal at QB.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
If we are going the portal route, I want a QB who is a passer first but can scramble when he needs to. I don't think going back to Mullen's offense will work either - it got us the same results everyone bitched at Leach about.

Reactions: drumrcraig
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login