UGA claims no. 1 in AP poll...

Dawgtini

Aug 13, 2007
It's all about # fans, eye balls, clicks, and $$$ until the record forces their hand.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
And what’s more is if we beat them, they’ll fall to 15 or so and we’ll still be no better than 26.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
1) Who would have bet that after week 2, MSU would get more AP votes than Notre Dame? AND

2) Call out the absolute pretender who does NOT belong in the Top 10. My vote: Kentucky.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
And what’s more is if we beat them, they’ll fall to 15 or so and we’ll still be no better than 26.

I’m not saying Kentucky isn’t a good team, because they probably are, but the fact that there’s basically a 20 spot gap between us and them in the polls makes no sense. I feel like it is 100% because more people have seen them play than us.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Kentucky in the Top 10 is…. Something.

I doubt they're a top ten team, but them being there at least makes some sense. People thought Utah was going to be good to start the season. Utah had a close loss in the swamp then blew out a cupcake. People thought UK would be a top 25 team. UK beat a cupcake and then went into the swamp and beat the Gators handily. It doesn't seem absurd to me to have them in the top 10 for any reason except, well they're Kentucky. But I would assume they deserve it off of their resume as much as anybody at this point.

The reality is there's just not enough data yet to really know who is good, but UK being in the top 10 doesn't seem nearly as egregious as some of the other rankings.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login