UK Basketball Coaching Search

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
A buddy of mine is a hgue UK fan and has pretty good sources around their basketball program. He told me that their top target is Hurley at UConn and their plan is to make him say no. He said they’re willing to pay him $12MM+ and make him the highest paid coach in all of college athletics.

I get that Kentucky is crazy about basketball, but I don’t see a world where they (or anyone else) pays a basketball coach $12MM/yr.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Hurley would be an idiot to go to UK. UConn will pay him and he’s already established.

Plus there’s this:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Hurley is a jersey guy and all his family comes to games. Plus UConn’s facilities are just as good as UK’s. Everyone is floating around this 12M/year number. I’ll believe it when I see it.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
In some ways that job may be tougher than the Alabama football job. Both fan bases are absolutely bat $hi+ crazy and loaded with sidewalk fans. But, think of it this way Cal left because of the crazy expectations. Two weeks ago they all wanted him fired. Now half the fan base is sad he left. You know every coach in the country saw how quickly they turned on him.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, it really seems like the world of college athletics has changed. Who would've thought we would get to a point where people would not take a job coaching basketball at Kentucky? I heard that Scott Drew (Baylor) told them no as well.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
Looks like it's going to be Mark Pope, BYU coach, and the melt is real. I'm loving it.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
A buddy of mine is a hgue UK fan and has pretty good sources around their basketball program. He told me that their top target is Hurley at UConn and their plan is to make him say no. He said they’re willing to pay him $12MM+ and make him the highest paid coach in all of college athletics.

I get that Kentucky is crazy about basketball, but I don’t see a world where they (or anyone else) pays a basketball coach $12MM/yr.
The plan worked.

• Haha
Reactions: HulksStache
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login