UNA - The Matchup I Never Thought I'd See

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Growing up in Northeast Mississippi, I had a LOT of friends and family members that went to the University of North Alabama over in Florence. I remember in my teens when they were a Division II powerhouse and I never once thought that we'd ever see them play Mississippi State. Say what you will about Stanford and Cal in the ACC... this feels even weirder to me.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Used to be a rival to Delta State. They brought a live lion to Cleveland when I was a child. My how times have changed.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Used to be a rival to Delta State. They brought a live lion to Cleveland when I was a child. My how times have changed.
When I was a kid, it was Leo II and he had a public habitat right there on campus.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Growing up in Northeast Mississippi, I had a LOT of friends and family members that went to the University of North Alabama over in Florence. I remember in my teens when they were a Division II powerhouse and I never once thought that we'd ever see them play Mississippi State. Say what you will about Stanford and Cal in the ACC... this feels even weirder to me.

I remember going to a football camp there my last year of high school under coach hud. Pretty nice campus from what I remember. Nothing special.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
I pitched against them in baseball many years ago, only thing I can remember is their hard *** infield dirt. You could tell, their players were taught to beat the ball into the ground. They have several hits that were beat into the ground and bounced over our IF heads.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Kinda like how we played MC’s old bitter rival from Div 2, the Troy Trojans, that fateful stormy day in 2001.

I agree that this is a dumb move, much like Troy’s.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
When I was a kid, it was Leo II and he had a public habitat right there on campus.
It’s still there. Now it’s Leo III. They used to have two lions but the female lion, named Una, died of cancer a couple years ago.

• Sad

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The Shoals seem like a great place to go to college. It’s small enough to get around, and probably not get in too much trouble, but big enough to fill up Friday and Saturday nights.

Always liked that area.

Imagine a guy with strat in his name liking the Muscle Shoals area???

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
2028 OOC are N. Alabama, Texas Tech and Memphis. I am guessing these could change with all the realignment.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

Probably be an even match up as some folks on here think we'll be D2 by then.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I know at least a couple folks with degrees from both North Alabama and Mississippi State.

dawgflo

Nov 17, 2021
The Shoals seem like a great place to go to college. It’s small enough to get around, and probably not get in too much trouble, but big enough to fill up Friday and Saturday nights.

Always liked that area.
I am a State grad that works at UNA. The shoals are great. We love it. The river is beautiful, the food is great, and the music/art scene is fun on multiple different occasions. I am excited for the State/UNA game. I may have on a UNA shirt with a State hat.

Also, the shoals are bigger than most thing. Lauderdale county has almost 3x as that of starkville. Plus there's a target, Sam's, etc.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
So STUPID to schedule them. They are growing so fast. Now we’ll be paying them big money and they’ll use it to build that new stadium. Maybe sway a few of your recruits away with it. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login