Unacceptable

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
There is no excuse for us to be this bad. None. Call me crazy or unrealistic or stupid or whatever the 17 you want but this team is a joke. We have gone from a championship to the worst baseball team in the SEC.

Lemonis needs to be fired.
I'm not a knee jerk person, nor do I know enough about baseball to say what "good" coaching looks like. However, I can't conceive of a single reason, nor any collection of reasons, to be as bad as we were last year and are this year. It seems that although for decades we have been able to mostly put competitive teams on the field, primarily based on the success of our teams in the 80's, and being known as a baseball school, we now can't even field a respectable team after winning a natty. It's incomprehensible from the outside looking in perspective.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm not a knee jerk person, nor do I know enough about baseball to say what "good" coaching looks like. However, I can't conceive of a single reason, nor any collection of reasons, to be as bad as we were last year and are this year. It seems that although for decades we have been able to mostly put competitive teams on the field, primarily based on the success of our teams in the 80's, and being known as a baseball school, we now can't even field a respectable team after winning a natty. It's incomprehensible from the outside looking in perspective.
Last year, I chalked a little bit of it up to a combination of National Championship hangover, losing a lot of our offense to the draft and/or graduation, and injuries to the pitching staff and thought Lemonis would eventually figure it out and right the ship, but he never really has. I agree that it's incomprehensible. It is not unrealistic to expect this team to be in the postseason every season. That should be the floor. 1 down year is problem, but 2 down years is a pattern.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If the season goes on to its completion, then you will be proven correct. If not, then you will be proven a hyper-reactive internet blow hard.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
1 SEC weekend in. Yep.
No, last season and 21 games into this season. The stats for this season that are so horrible are for ALL games, they didn't come from "1 SEC weekend". We were walking non conference players, making errors in non conference games, not throwing out non conference runners, had 12th worst batting avg against non conference pitching, etc. What makes you think we will improve against better SEC caliber teams?

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ole Miss swept. Tenn swept. State swept.

Must be something about the opening weekend

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
if we are swept in the next 3-4 then I think its worthy to discuss whats happening

This Is Fine GIF

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
We have been swept in our last 4 SEC series.
At some point THIS SEASON, when we are well below .500, there will come a time when Zac needs to say 17-it and fire Lemonis and Foxhall mid season and start over.
It won’t matter then how we finish the season or if we make post season bc most likely there will be no post season again this year.
Totally unacceptable at MS State.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed. This goes far deeper than talent. This is a roster full of people that don’t give a 17
I think the talent level of this team is way overrated. But there’s a lot of don’t give a 17 with this team too. It may take us a few years to dig out of this hole.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Who among us has not been down to Vanderbilt 21-2 in the 6th inning?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Do any of MSU's media have the balls to start asking Lemonis and Foxhall some hard, uncomfortable questions instead of the aww shucks, what happened coach? Every post game press conference I've seen seems to be a rinse-repeat.
Robbie is too busy hyping up women’s basketball recruits to do any baseball reporting.

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Do any of MSU's media have the balls to start asking Lemonis and Foxhall some hard, uncomfortable questions instead of the aww shucks, what happened coach? Every post game press conference I've seen seems to be a rinse-repeat.
What questions do you want them to ask and what good do you expect to see from it? Just let it play out and fire their asses.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
What questions do you want them to ask and what good do you expect to see from it? Just let it play out and fire their asses.
Play out - you really want to give this staff and player a play out ??
We have bad coaching and bad guys in a STATE uniform.
I didn’t call them players for a reason.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
How about, "Hey Coach, have you lost this team?"
"Hey Coach, how did this program go from winning a national title two years ago to losing 15 straight SEC games and being run ruled in multiple games this year? Is it poor recruiting, poor coaching or a combination of both?"
"Hey Coach, do you expect to retain your job after this season? If things continue as they are currently going, do you think you deserve to keep it"?
"Hey Coach, has the talent on this team been overstated?"
Those are just a few off the top of my head. As to what I expect to get out of it,....clarity. His answers to these questions and more would tell everyone exactly where his head is and if there is ANY glimmer of hope that he would be equipped to turn it around. If he's unwilling to admit the obvious or deflects the blame to everyone but him, then everyone knows he cannot be here next year.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We are not just getting swept for the series. They are mopping the floor with us. Getting run ruled 2 out of 3 games is worse than swept

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The collapse of this program in not even a season and a half has been unreal. We have allowed 61 runs in four conference games.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There is no excuse for us to be this bad. None. Call me crazy or unrealistic or stupid or whatever the 17 you want but this team is a joke. We have gone from a championship to the worst baseball team in the SEC.

Lemonis needs to be fired.
I was called all that and more last year when this became apparent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login