Unofficial Poll Time - Bulldog Initiative Related

Do you give to the Bulldog Initiative on a scheduled basis? (Monthly/Quarterly etc)

• Yes

Votes: 122 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 170 58.2%

• Total voters

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I don't, and won't, until there is some accountability involved with it both on local level and a national governing body for all involved. Forgive me for not subscribing to the thought process of "here's my money, do with it what you see fit" and me not having a clue where it went and nobody has to say

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Let me see if I can get my comment just right for the board. If I did give my money they would leave after the first year and go to Bama or LSU. If they were any good that's where they would be anyway. If they are here they ain't no good. Pretty close ?? Typical posters comments

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't, and won't, until there is some accountability involved with it both on local level and a national governing body for all involved. Forgive me for not subscribing to the thought process of "here's my money, do with it what you see fit" and me not having a clue where it went and nobody has to say
Not to mention that even when this stuff does eventually become more transparent, there's still the whole issue of no guarantees when it comes to player accountability or loyalty. Say what you want about ridiculous coaching contracts, but at least there are some stipulations with them when it comes to contract length and buyouts. Imagine giving $10k last year to a pool that ended up going to Zavion's sports car fund only for him to tuck his tail and head to LSU

UncleRicco

Oct 3, 2023
Joe Biden Bingo GIF by GIPHY News

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
hey do with your $ what you will. But this is the landscape right now and we can complain or try and do what we can to help our school. Charlie and the BI folks want MSU to be successful so we need to support them and trust them and the coaches. And you don’t have to give much. Every little bit helps. Maybe we can learn something from our rival fanbase and how they’re supporting their program.

we saw in 2014 that football success helps the university as a whole.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I am relying a lot on people I know that have a high opinion of Charlie. I'm not giving much so it's not a huge deal if they're wrong, but if you want to give enough that you really need to be worried about how they're spending it, I'm guessing they'll be happy to meet with you and give you more info.

ETA: I held out until last month. I don't like the way college football is operating, and I might just drop it in the future if there is no course correction, but we need to stay somewhat competitive while this shakes out.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
it’s early, but I think I see why recruiting sucks. I’m stuck in a fanbase of stubborn dubmasses.
Tell me about it:

One day: Why cant we get these players!?!?! OMG! We are gonna suck again! Fire someone!! Hire someone!! Blame someone!!

next day: I’m not giving s__t to NIL. Don’t care that all other teams have bought in. 5 or 10 bucks a month??? Shiiiiiiit. Whatever. Not till I’m satisfied. Heeeelllll naw.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Just a thought. Lets not go back down the rabbit hole of the guys that give versus the guys that do not give. We have had that battle many times over. Personally I give, not a great deal, but as much as Mrs. Devil will let me divert from the pesky things like our mortgage and raising my little hellspawn daughter. That does not make me any more or less of fan compared to anyone else. I hate the guys that base your fandom on how much one gives to the BI. I always think to myself well I already buy overpriced club seats. I am the 3rd generation of my family to graduate from State. I am raising the 4th generation right now that will go there as well. So, I think I have given enough, but if it means giving a little more to see my football dawgs be able to compete I am fine with that.

I completely get the guy that says I am not giving until it is better explained how this money is to be used. I completely get the guy that says you know these schools are already making tons on money from ticket sales, and tv deals so why is it fair to ask the lowest man on the totem pole to pay more? I also completely get the guy that says I have my own family to worry about, and I am not subsidizing somebody else teenager over mine. The real truth is this money should be coming out of the millions and millions (to steal from the Rock) that these schools get handed to them via previously mentioned sources ,and not from the already cash strapped average fan that is paying inflated ticket prices along with a myriad of other expenses just to come to the damn games in the first 17ing place.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Honestly, I'm investing in scholarships on the academic side. I guess if I got to @fishwater99 level of wealth, I might consider pushing some $$$ into athletics, but currently, and particularly given the mercenary nature of NIL, I can't see far enough down the road to know what circumstances might cause me to change my mind.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Just a thought. Lets not go back down the rabbit hole of the guys that give versus the guys that do not give. We have had that battle many times over. Personally I give, not a great deal, but as much as Mrs. Devil will let me divert from the pesky things like our mortgage and raising my little hellspawn daughter. That does not make me any more or less of fan compared to anyone else. I hate the guys that base your fandom on how much one gives to the BI. I always think to myself well I already buy overpriced club seats. I am the 3rd generation of my family to graduate from State. I am raising the 4th generation right now that will go there as well. So, I think I have given enough, but if it means giving a little more to see my football dawgs be able to compete I am fine with that.

I completely get the guy that says I am not giving until it is better explained how this money is to be used. I completely get the guy that says you know these schools are already making tons on money from ticket sales, and tv deals so why is it fair to ask the lowest man on the totem pole to pay more? I also completely get the guy that says I have my own family to worry about, and I am not subsidizing somebody else teenager over mine. The real truth this money should be coming out of the millions and millions (to steal from the Rock) that these schools get handed to them via previously mentioned sources ,and not from the already cash strapped average fan that is paying inflated ticket prices along with a myriad of other expenses just to come to the damn games in the first 17ing place.
Solid. I mean in my own family, I've already paid for 9 degrees from MSU, and still have some PTSD from my own student loans...

ETA: to be clear, there were some scholarships, student loans and time to pay them back involved along the way. I don't have the capacity just scratch a check for college.

Last edited:

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016

I completely get the guy that says I am not giving until it is better explained how this money is to be used. I completely get the guy that says you know these schools are already making tons on money from ticket sales, and tv deals so why is it fair to ask the lowest man on the totem pole to pay more? I also completely get the guy that says I have my own family to worry about, and I am not subsidizing somebody else teenager over mine. The real truth is this money should be coming out of the millions and millions (to steal from the Rock) that these schools get handed to them via previously mentioned sources ,and not from the already cash strapped average fan that is paying inflated ticket prices along with a myriad of other expenses just to come to the damn games in the first 17ing place.
One would think that the Prince of Darkness could get his hands on some untraceable cash from illicit activities & prop up the Bulldog Initiative

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
If NIL was more interactive with fans, it could be fun, and perhaps more would be willing to give. Seeing your contribution and where it goes is satisfying.

For 17s sake, when there’s an active, live tally on drinks bought at an Omaha bar, our fans open those wallets big time.

Reactions: rynodawg

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
I give a modest amount monthly. I don’t expect to be entitled and have someone from the BI explain where the money goes.

I do expect to see that the BI is working to get and keep good players. After all, we heard so much over the last month about how much was raised. Right now, I’m seeing quality players leaving and warm bodies committing.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Along these lines, I saw tweet from the Alumni association a few weeks ago, Mississippi State has 160,000 living alumni. Per Dog Tag, we have approximately 14,000 in the Bulldog Club. I am almost certain, if you bought football season tickets last year, and paid the PSL greater than $600, you would have a BC ranking higher than 10,000. So 14,000 members and basically 10,000 active members.

I realize Bulldog Initiative and Bulldog club are two different things but I think those numbers give you an idea of the participation levels of our alumni.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I give but not routinely. I've got more important fish to fry in things that actually matter in my real life. Giving money to an athlete at msu who is likely going to leave anyway is not exactly my highest priority. I think nil was never meant nor intended for fans to support like they were with bulldog club. Businesses sure. Athletic department from tv money and sales? Yes. They are the ones selling product and getting money back. Fans already pay for tickets, tv, etc that is making all the money. Until they put some harder contract structure on these deals and structure transfer rules better again, routine giving won't be in my budget. I'm not routinely giving money just for a guy to transfer to lsu or ole miss after a year or two. If I could stipend to give to seniors I would.

Last edited:

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
The NIL that I'm contributing to has my Name, my Image, my Likeness.

2nd kid is finishing at MSU this next semester. That's 6 straight years of rent and tuition so we have no disposable income for teenagers we don't know. Hell, it's been 7 years since we've been on a real vacation. With all the other little life stuff that happens, prob be another 6 years to financially recover from the last 6 years so no, I'm not contributing to any schools NIL programs.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I don't know why they keep trying to prop up this charade that this is to compensate players for "Name, Image, & Likeness" usage. It's not. It's pay for play. period. And a fan has ZERO guarantees that they won't pay money to a player...him go buy a Ferrari with what they paid him, then he bolts to whatever team offers him more next year. Shite just isn't sustainable in it's current form, and we appear to have imbecils running the NCAA, who have zero clue how to setup and enforce guidelines for anything

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009
I give but not routinely. I've got more important fish to fry in things that actually matter in my real life. Giving money to an athlete at msu who is likely going to leave anyway is not exactly my highest priority. I think nil was never meant nor intended for fans to support like they were with bulldog club. Businesses sure. Athletic department from tv money and sales? Yes. They are the ones selling product and getting money back. Fans already pay for tickets, tv, etc that is making all the money. Until they put some harder contract structure on these deals and structure transfer rules better again, routine giving won't be in my budget. I'm not routinely giving money just for a guy to transfer to lsu or ole miss after a year or two. If I could stipend to give to seniors I would.
My exact thoughts.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I came here to post something similar. If rounding up at Oby's is considered, I recently gave 15 cents to state's NIL.
IPTAY. That worked great in 1934. But $10 per year won’t cut it in todays NIL world.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That’s your choice but don’t talk about how ole Miss and others are leaving us behind.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Our fanbase blows. We will never be all in like the rest of the SEC. Yet, when something happens to our football program they will be the first ones to flock here and complain and **** all over our program. We have a bunch of losers as fans.
Meh other fan bases have idiots too.

they just have more big money people willing to contribute

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
hey do with your $ what you will. But this is the landscape right now and we can complain or try and do what we can to help our school. Charlie and the BI folks want MSU to be successful so we need to support them and trust them and the coaches. And you don’t have to give much. Every little bit helps. Maybe we can learn something from our rival fanbase and how they’re supporting their program.

we saw in 2014 that football success helps the university as a whole.
Helps the community as well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login