Unpopular Opinion

Sep 16, 2023
If you are going purely off of statistical analysis, it would appear that there is no significant difference in production between the two. Total yard production per game (running, sacks taken, passing yards) would slightly lean towards Rogers but we have not gotten a very big serving size of Wright to make a full conclusion as to what his passing abilities truly are.

Based on the numbers, the unpopular opinion is these two are no different, they are just different play styles. (Remember, statistics are racist!!!!!)

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 21

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think over the next couple of games we will have a better idea of how Mike plays. What I really hope is that Arnett will keep his hands off the play calling and let Barbay run that. Open it up a little more. Zach is too conservative

Sep 16, 2023
I think over the next couple of games we will have a better idea of how Mike plays. What I really hope is that Arnett will keep his hands off the play calling and let Barbay run that. Open it up a little more. Zach is too conservative
Agree completely. Cut Wright loose and let him play until the numbers prove otherwise, play calling in the Arkansas game appeared to have the goal of to not lose the game instead of to win the game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
play calling in the Arkansas game appeared to have the goal of to not lose the game instead of to win the game.
Told my wife if we lost that game I was done with it till we fired Arnett because he was nutless - wouldn’t go to another game, wouldn’t renew season tickets, etc (and I meant it this time by god). But we won so I guess all is well

Don’t know that I had a problem with being conservative in general. I thought we badly mismanaged the 4th downs, but other than that I was ok being limited with how much we asked Wright to do in his first start. Especially after the first INT, I think you’ve got to be careful not to ruin his confidence because he’s all we’ve got till Will is healthy. And we’ve got some winnable SEC games coming up where we’ll need Wright playing his best.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don't try to bring facts into this. WRIGHT CAN'T PASS!!!**

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I think we all like running with incomplete data sets to draw conclusions. Using one point to draw a straight line is a great interweb arguing tool.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would like to see a statistic that shows has using analytics to go for it on 4 and 1 lost or won more games. I heard and ESPN guy say, "Fastest rout to the ground from the 6th floor is the window but it isn't the smartest way. "

The high school coach who never punted and always on side kicked should have gotten a patent.****

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
OL play has a much higher effect than most of you want to admit. KJ Jefferson's production is a glaring example. Everyone thought he was going to tear up the SEC this year. His OL is weak and we know the rest of the story. When you rate QBs by ability to avoid the sack . . .

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login