Update from my sources…

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Only got to watch a few minutes each side of half. Was up by 1 when i had to turn it off. Heard announcers say Jans went small and rotated Matthews and Bell in post. Did we foul one of them out or get to the point of playing both bigs late?

Last edited:

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Hubbard was on fire offensively, they had no answer.
We played not so great in the first half - too many turnovers by us, they shot the ball really well to begin the game and we didn’t have any answers for them the first 10-12 minutes.
Jans went to a different Defensive set then and it started to pay off and we got back in it over the last 8 minutes or so.
Thought Shak and Bell played well. Cam and DJ did what they do. Very good win that will look good even in March.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

fevans

Aug 27, 2012
Only got to watch a few minutes each side of half. Was up by 1 when i had to turn it off. Heard announcers say Jans went small and rotated Matthews and Bell in post. Did we foul one of them out or get to the point of playing both bigs late?
They were double teaming Bell every time he touched the ball, so I think that was part of Jan's strategy to counter with a smaller team on the floor. I hope he's willing to do it when Tolu gets back if necessary.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
First half effort was good too. We had no answers for their defense early and kept our composure and kept the game from getting out of hand.

lots of our teams in the past, even some of our better teams, would have really struggled to do that.

If I remember correctly, we were down 11-0 to start the game and 15-3 with a little more than 13 minutes left in the 1st half.

That's right . . . 3 points in about the first 7 minutes.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
27 points today.
29 actually. He had the ball at the end on our last possession and wanted to get that 30 point mark so bad but dribbled right into a double team and had to kick it to Jeffries. He’s gonna be special. I imagine he gets a nice NIL deal very soon to stay here in Starkville for a while.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Watched the first 10 - 15 minutes and turned it off. Just knew that we would get blown out by a bunch of white guys and we would now be looking forward to baseball as our last hope. State would just be State when the ride gets bumpy. But I decided to finish watching the DVR of the game because I felt maybe this team seems to be different and can overcome adversity. Turns out they are and did it with skill and determination. Way to go Jans, you have a winner on your hands and State basketball is fun aGain.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
My favorite offensive play was the fake pass by Moore which allowed him an uncontested slam dunk.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login