Update on an item discussed a few weeks ago about growing the Golden Triangle:

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
This is great news.
It’s interesting that the district as a whole earned an A when only one school earned an A individually.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
What the ..... The article states that the rating scale is 1 - 1000 and SOCSD scored 671 and is rated an alpha score of A. That's quite a grading curve. Am I missing something because this does not jive.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
What the ..... The article states that the rating scale is 1 - 1000 and SOCSD scored 671 and is rated an alpha score of A. That's quite a grading curve. Am I missing something because this does not jive.
Looks like 66% was the cutoff for an A. The top scorer was just shy of 800.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Everybody keeps saying Starkville schools suck.

This rating says they don't.

So, one can conclude that schools are no longer something that holds Starkville back, amirite?

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
It’s the Mississippi department of education rank….how do they stack up nationally?

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
There's an overall score for the district. Then there's scores for the individual schools. High schools are on a 1000 point scale and middle/elementary schools are on a 700 point scale.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Everybody keeps saying Starkville schools suck.

This rating says they don't.

So, one can conclude that schools are no longer something that holds Starkville back, amirite?
I’m not sure whether this is tongue in cheek or not.
Yes, improving the school district’s reputation helps move Starkville forward. No, this doesn’t mean the job is over. The district earned an A by the skin of its teeth, so there’s still plenty of room for improvement.
And I don’t say that to belittle the accomplishment. I think it’s great. It’s a big step in the right direction. But it’s a step. And it does give Starkville detractors one less thing to complain about.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m not sure whether this is tongue in cheek or not.
Yes, improving the school district’s reputation helps move Starkville forward. No, this doesn’t mean the job is over. The district earned an A by the skin of its teeth, so there’s still plenty of room for improvement.
And I don’t say that to belittle the accomplishment. I think it’s great. It’s a big step in the right direction. But it’s a step. And it does give Starkville detractors one less thing to complain about.
So what’s the problem? How do we complete the job?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login