Update on lawsuit:

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
"Clearly, the only route to compel responsible governance is through the courts, and we are doing that."

"The amended suit contained Item #163:
"Just days ago, the Board prohibited Plaintiff from attending any board meetings in person."
Fenchak v Penn State Board of Trustees
Penn State issued this prohibition after I filed my original lawsuit. While the Board of Trustees leadership has taken many retaliatory actions against me since I joined in July, 2022, this is the most egregious."

"If you have already donated, thank you. If you have the means to do so and want to see Penn State back in the hands of trustees who understand legal university governance, your donation will go to a very good cause. If you don’t have the means to donate but want to see us succeed, please help us spread the word."

https://barryfenchak.com/update-september-3-2024-fenchak-v-penn-state-bot/

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Can we limit this topic to a single thread? Everything else on this board is supposed to be buried in one thread, I don't see why this should be a special case and we are getting new threads every so often to ask for more money.
Possibly one of the most important threads on this Board... I'm okay with it getting bumped to the top everytime.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Possibly one of the most important threads on this Board... I'm okay with it getting bumped to the top everytime.
Some feel that way, and others don't. Just like everything else, opinions vary. But the board rules corral everything else, I see no reason why spamming for donations should be an exception to how other topics are treated.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
We have multiple threads on PSU vs. wvu. Pre-game articles, game thread, post-game articles, post-game social media activity…

Which is more important? One football game or Barry’s efforts to improve bot transparency and accountability? Never mind. Don’t answer that.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Come on people, this fund is stalled at $11k. This is important. You saw the recent rankings yes? The leadership of this university needs some transparency in and we aren't getting any without this lawsuit.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
One thing wildly apparent during my visit to Penn State yesterday for the game is how much Penn State Football is less a ‘machine’ or ‘engine’ and more an industrial complex - so much of that school, town, and county depends on the football team being successful. The sheer number of people impacted by football is incredible. It’s no wonder everyone wants a piece of the pie - the money involved is gigantic. But, no one is watching the watchmen….

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
One thing wildly apparent during my visit to Penn State yesterday for the game is how much Penn State Football is less a ‘machine’ or ‘engine’ and more an industrial complex - so much of that school, town, and county depends on the football team being successful. The sheer number of people impacted by football is incredible. It’s no wonder everyone wants a piece of the pie - the money involved is gigantic. But, no one is watching the watchmen….
Spot on. The motel owner charging $495 a night with a 3 night minimum for a 2 star room doesn't care that a PSU president attested in writing that PSU's culture values football over children. He doesn't care that the cabal that runs PSU lines their own pockets at Dear Old State's expense. He just wants the money train to keep moving....at whatever cost.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
Well, consider donating to help allow someone to "watch the watchmen".

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Spot on. The motel owner charging $495 a night with a 3 night minimum for a 2 star room doesn't care that a PSU president attested in writing that PSU's culture values football over children. He doesn't care that the cabal that runs PSU lines their own pockets at Dear Old State's expense. He just wants the money train to keep moving....at whatever cost.
True that.
Of course, there is no reason you can't have both.

Not only are they NOT mutually exclusive - the health of one can only assist in the long-term health of the other.

Last edited:

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
More information would obviously be needed to make any sort of determination as to the validity of this action...however, at first glance, the optics of doing this would be horrible.

Although, my prediction is that people won't wait for any facts to determine if this is right/wrong.
Fair post.

Oct 12, 2021
You're prescient. It's alleged that is the exact posture and pose Barry assumed during his "verbal altercation with a female staff member." A clear case of misconduct. JK.

Episode 4 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
LMAO .... "we need to protect our people..." in other words everyone listen to everything Barry says and does and look for a violation so we can throw him off the board. He is rocking the boat too much on this transparency thing and we can't have him shining light in on us otherwise the gravy money train comes to an end....

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
LMAO .... "we need to protect our people..." in other words everyone listen to everything Barry says and does and look for a violation so we can throw him off the board. He is rocking the boat too much on this transparency thing and we can't have him shining light in on us otherwise the gravy money train comes to an end....
Just par for the course, unfortunately.... we truly have no real way to reform the Board. We've lost.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
More information would obviously be needed to make any sort of determination as to the validity of this action...however, at first glance, the optics of doing this would be horrible.

Although, my prediction is that people won't wait for any facts to determine if this is right/wrong.
It matters little what we think. Given that this passed in committee it's pretty much a guarantee whenever this is brought to the full board it will pass and he will be kicked out.

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
It matters little what we think. Given that this passed in committee it's pretty much a guarantee whenever this is brought to the full board it will pass and he will be kicked out.
Definitely correct - though Barry might be able to sue to save his seat, I'm not sure how long / drawn out / expensive that might be.

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Definitely correct - though Barry might be able to sue to save his seat, I'm not sure how long / drawn out / expensive that might be.
Maybe so, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish. He's never going to be given any meaningful responsibility on the board and the rest of the board will shun him from everything and ignore his opinions. That's probably already the case. If he keeps it, it would essentially be a token seat with no responsibility or respect from given from the rest of the board. The alumni would be better suited getting a replacement in his seat right away, otherwise I'd essentially view it as an empty seat and the alumni being underrepresented until his term ends and someone new takes his place.

Oct 12, 2021
Exactly. It was a foregone conclusion once the lawsuit was filed, but you can be sure that certain members were envisioning removing Barry from the time he was elected. Who could be surprised that a group of people, largely used to getting their own way, would brook no opposition from and close ranks against someone they considered an upstart who had repeatedly accused them of malfeasance and eventually sued them?

1) Barry runs on the campaign promise to be a true fiduciary, while implying that some/many/most(?) of those with whom he'd serve have committed malfeasance and breached their fiduciary obligation.
2) Barry, not surprisingly, gets no committee assignments.
3) Barry opposes the the board majority on most initiatives. At first, the board pays lip service to Barry.
4) Barry continues to oppose the board, argues eloquently against the majority position, and writes about it on social media. The BOT majority is starting to really get annoyed.
5) Barry is continually denied financial information and finally sues the BOT.
6) The BOT denies Barry in person admission to the meetings.
7) Barry amends his lawsuit and asks for more donations because he's in it for the long haul.
8) The board decides to nip it in the bud, finds/manufactures(?) evidence of misconduct and moves to remove Barry from the BOT.

Who could've seen this coming? :)

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Wait - what is the COC violation? This isn't very explicit - are we to assume the 'interaction' was heated? A screaming match? Full of expletives? This is poor writing IMO. I read this like he initiated a conversation with a female staff member. Not that he verbally assaulted her (not saying he did or didn't, this just isn't clear).

The resolution states he “initiated a verbal interaction with a female staff member — witnessed by two other staff members — that violated the Trustee Code of Conduct provisions” on professionalism, ethical conduct, and is inconsistent with the bylaws.

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/news/local/education/penn-state/article292173480.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: Sharkies

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Exactly. It was a foregone conclusion once the lawsuit was filed, but you can be sure that certain members were envisioning removing Barry from the time he was elected. Who could be surprised that a group of people, largely used to getting their own way, would brook no opposition from and close ranks against someone they considered an upstart who had repeatedly accused them of malfeasance and eventually sued them?

1) Barry runs on the campaign promise to be a true fiduciary, while implying that some/many/most(?) of those with whom he'd serve have committed malfeasance and breached their fiduciary obligation.
3) Barry opposes the the board majority on most initiatives. At first, the board pays lip service to Barry.
4) Barry continues to oppose the board, argues eloquently against the majority position, and writes about it on social media. The BOT majority is starting to really get annoyed.
7) Barry amends his lawsuit and asks for more donations because he's in it for the long haul.
8) The board decides to nip it in the bud, finds/manufactures(?) evidence of misconduct and moves to remove Barry from the BOT.

Frazier and Erickson are impressed with this boards manufacturing of evidence.... took a play right out of their book.

ThePennsyOracle

Oct 6, 2021
I wonder if there's a video of Barry going nuclear.

Who knows. My point is....let's face it, Barry going nuclear on anyone is not unthinkable.

Regardless, it's just funny to me that people who preach "let's wait for the evidence" have already made up their minds.

Edit to add: The opposite is also true. It's also not out of the realm of possibility whatever happened was blown out of proportion.

Oct 12, 2021
Who knows. My point is....let's face it, Barry going nuclear on anyone is not unthinkable.

Regardless, it's just funny to me that people who preach "let's wait for the evidence" have already made up their minds.
That's why I wrote, "finds/manufactures (?)." I wasn't there, but Barry did lose his temper on this board many times. Almost "Bushwoodian."

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021

All the above, except this is just one big joke to some on this board, including @PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
All the above, except this is just one big joke to some on this board, including @PSUJam
It's only a joke because this was the guaranteed outcome once he got elected. If you all didn't think this was going to happen, that's on you. As I stated earlier in one of these begging for money posts, Harrisburg is the place where the BOT changes need to be addressed. Not on this message board, not leaked in the press, and not through messy lawsuits all of which make PSU as a whole look bad. The current BOT is going to do everything possible to protect it's power, and you thought sending Barry in was going to work? That's the joke my friend.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
It's only a joke because this was the guaranteed outcome once he got elected. If you all didn't think this was going to happen, that's on you. As I stated earlier in one of these begging for money posts, Harrisburg is the place where the BOT changes need to be addressed. Not on this message board, not leaked in the press, and not through messy lawsuits all of which make PSU as a whole look bad. The current BOT is going to do everything possible to protect it's power, and you thought sending Barry in was going to work? That's the joke my friend.
You're not wrong, but if your only hope is the PA legislature, you have no hope at all.