Update on our FB Team

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
Some have asked how the team is doing. What I can tell you based on the observations of a loved one who works with the team is that they are taking Leach's passing hard but doing okay overall. Also, the majority of them definitely seem to be excited about Arnett's hire. He is well liked and respected by the team/staff. Not exactly earth shattering or exclusive news I know, which I couldn't report even if I had any, but just thought I would share as we continue to pray for the men and women in and around the program who are faced with the reality of losing their coach/boss/friend.

Badon

Jun 12, 2006
Some have asked how the team is doing. What I can tell you based on the observations of a loved one who works with the team is that they are taking Leach's passing hard but doing okay overall. Also, the majority of them definitely seem to be excited about Arnett's hire. He is well liked and respected by the team/staff. Not exactly earth shattering or exclusive news I know, which I couldn't report even if I had any, but just thought I would share as we continue to pray for the men and women in and around the program who are faced with the reality of losing their coach/boss/friend.

The anticipation and energy is really going to start building leading up to this bowl game.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
These young men are going to be really challenged to play well for this game. They are facing an Illinois bunch with a salty D along with the loss of their coach. With a number of them ML was a father figure who had already led them out of bad situations. He had taught them a newly found discipline they badly needed, and he had taught them a philosophy of life they had never imagined. He meant way, way more to them than we know. It is my hope their grief will not overcome them and that they can start to mend their hearts. Their on field performance could go either way. Let’s hope they can manage their emotions and play well. It will not be easy.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
These young men are going to be really challenged to play well for this game. They are facing an Illinois bunch with a salty D along with the loss of their coach. With a number of them ML was a father figure who had already led them out of bad situations. He had taught them a newly found discipline they badly needed, and he had taught them a philosophy of life they had never imagined. He meant way, way more to them than we know. It is my hope their grief will not overcome them and that they can start to mend their hearts. Their on field performance could go either way. Let’s hope they can manage their emotions and play well. It will not be easy.
Illinois has the number one D in many categories. It was going to be a challenge even with Leach calling the plays.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It's going to be a good game I would say it is 50/50. We don't have an OC and they don't have a DC. I hope it's the most entertaining bowl game. They are a pretty humble fan base, and I don't see any red neck jokes on their message board. They are looking forwards to playing a SEC team on New Year's Day. They really seem grateful or happy about being in a bowl game. We have been spoiled. Thirteen bowl games in a roll.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I've been thinking about our team's emotional state of late. It's been a severe gut punch to me and I never had an opportunity to meet him but I can't even begin to imagine what's it like if he were in my daily life. Until the emotional healing begins, we won't be able to compete at the level needed to win a bowl game IMO. I hope they can heal but no so much for the bowl game but the individuals involved.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I've been thinking about our team's emotional state of late. It's been a severe gut punch to me and I never had an opportunity to meet him but I can't even begin to imagine what's it like if he were in my daily life. Until the emotional healing begins, we won't be able to compete at the level needed to win a bowl game IMO. I hope they can heal but no so much for the bowl game but the individuals involved.
19-21 year olds are pretty resilient.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I’ve been thinking about this as well. I actually think our team may be more united and focused than normal. And Shirley Will Rogers can call offensive plays at the line as per usual. Our defense shouldn’t skip a beat.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I think our play in the bowl game could go either way. Coach Leach was like family to a lot of these players and you don’t get I over losing family quickly. It’s like a punch in the gut that burns 24/7/365. Lots of questions and no good answers. I do think our play will be one extreme or the other. If we play great I won’t be surprised and if we come out as flat as a pancake I won’t be surprised at that either. Anyone that has lost a close family member will understand what I am trying to say.

Reactions: PhredPhantom
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login