Article Urban Meyer calls for action against Kirby Smart for shoving Michael Van Buren - Dan Morrison

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Nobody has said it, but what would the ramifications be if ole Kirb-o had shoved a ref…I.e. laid his hands on him? What would happen if a MVB had shoved Kirby Smart?
What would have happened if MVB got tangled up when pushed and tore an ACL?

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
What happens if it's Jeff Lebby instead of Kirby Smart? What about Shane Beamer? Hugh Freeze? Billy Napier? Do all these coaches get the free pass from referees and the SEC office that Kirby has?

I say all that, but if Kirby has apologized to MVB and Lebby I don't think any punishment needs to happen. It really should've been a 15 yard penalty, and that's the end of it. Instead in typical SEC fashion rather than dealing with it, they'll make a mountain out of a mole hill while still not dealing with it. 17ing joke of a league office and commissioner

Awwhellnaw

Jun 29, 2017
Not that this is the same thing, but remember the b1tch-fest that ensued following the 2014 LSU win over the Dillon Day “Stomping” of LSU players? I can’t think of any other incident in college football history where the powers that be went back to review footage and then imposed suspensions. Would it have been an issue if LSU won the game? No.. Would it have been an issue had it been a Bama or aTm player? No..

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Nobody has said it, but what would the ramifications be if ole Kirb-o had shoved a ref…I.e. laid his hands on him? What would happen if a MVB had shoved Kirby Smart?
Yep, I mentioned that a few days ago and if Kirby had shoved a ref, you can bet you a$$ that it's an immediate penalty, ejection, eventual fine, and possibly a suspension as well. The fact that the conference is doing nothing when there's a 20-year old kid involved instead of an official is just a really bad look all around

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
The only thing that MIGHT happen at this point is a fine. They will not suspend him, because that would only help the opponents on their upcoming schedule. If GA can win this weekend they will just about secure their spot in the playoffs, while not hurting TX chances of making it at the same time. As others have mentioned, it should've been handled immediately with a 15 yrd penalty and first down. Him getting a suspension doesn't do the conference any good at this point. Not saying it's right, just how it is.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Make him sit out a game or two to think about his actions. Fines mean nothing to these guys. Coaches should never shove an opposing player ever. If you aren't cognizant enough to know who you hit then that's a problem that you need to deal with if you are that much of a hot head I've never been so mad I just start shoving people out of my way because I'm pissed. Not outside of a football game as a player outside of play. It's also different when you are the coach. You supposed to be the one in charge keeping your cool. Not shoving people out of your way. What if that would have been a female trainer or something?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login