US Soccer game

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
What a ******** call! I cannot believe they let Canada have a penalty kick in extra time just because it hit against it outside of one of our players arms. He wasn't trying to hit the ball

ETA Canada had tried to just play defense all night The first time they had a shot on goal all night was that penalty kick.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That was piss poor judgement by the defender. You see that **** in HS.
I agree it pisses me off more. This is part of the rule of the game that I really don't understand. If it hits their hand or they're trying to stop the fly the ball with their arm it's one thing bouncing off their arm is another.

we're playing like crap too. The referee is stupid too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If Vazquez is supposed to be the best player we have no wonder we have struggled. He has head problems. Looks like our goal keeper may save us.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Matt Turner is a beast. Amazing penalty kick stopper. He’s saved more than 40% of the penalty kicks he’s faced in his career. Normally, kickers make them at a 75-80% rate. We will always have an advantage in a penalty shootout with him in goal.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
What a ******** call! I cannot believe they let Canada have a penalty kick in extra time just because it hit against it outside of one of our players arms. He wasn't trying to hit the ball

ETA Canada had tried to just play defense all night The first time they had a shot on goal all night was that penalty kick.
We were lucky not to have VAR grant them a penalty for the same thing at the end of the first half.

That game was absolutely bananas.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
If Vazquez is supposed to be the best player we have no wonder we have struggled. He has head problems. Looks like our goal keeper may save us.
Nobody on the Gold Cup roster is a 1st team player other than Matt Turner. We played the #1 team in the Nations League semis and finals earlier this summer (won both) and are giving them a couple of weeks rest before their club team preseasons start. I've never heard of some of these guys, and I follow soccer.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Matt Turner is a beast. Amazing penalty kick stopper. He’s saved more than 40% of the penalty kicks he’s faced in his career. Normally, kickers make them at a 75-80% rate. We will always have an advantage in a penalty shootout with him in goal.
He needs to leave Arsenal though. He could start for most teams in any of the top European leagues. But he’ll never beat out Ramsdale.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

I wasn't watching because I'm not a fan of international soccer. The way that rule is usually enforced is if the arm is away from the body it's called, no matter if there was intent or not. They sometimes give the defender a bit mor leeway if he is very, very close to the kicker.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login