USA hosting Copa America next year…

patdog

May 28, 2007
Need to finish the deal tonight to make sure we're in that tournament. Should be a formality with the 3-0 win in the 1st leg last week. But that will be a huge tournament. Really, it's time to combine Copa America and the Gold Cup and have one tournament for the whole hemisphere every 4 years.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

YNWAdawgs

Nov 8, 2023
Need to finish the deal tonight to make sure we're in that tournament. Should be a formality with the 3-0 win in the 1st leg last week. But that will be a huge tournament. Really, it's time to combine Copa America and the Gold Cup and have one tournament for the whole hemisphere every 4 years.
That tournament is massive for this group of players. They need the experience in host venues before the WC

patdog

May 28, 2007
That tournament is massive for this group of players. They need the experience in host venues before the WC
Also need experience playing some of the top South American teams. Hopefully, they'll get a lot of friendlies vs European teams in 2025 as well since they're not playing CONCACAF qualification.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Damn. We’re down to 10 men & down 1-2 with over 30 minutes remaining. This has all the makings of another monumental USMT choke.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I'm really interested to see how Gregg explains away Dest's actions tonight because that was the most dumb *** sending off I've ever seen.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm really interested to see how Gregg explains away Dest's actions tonight because that was the most dumb *** sending off I've ever seen.
We’ve had coaching problems for sure. And this younger generation is way more talented than any we’ve had. But a lot of them are underperforming dubmasses for sure.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
We’ve had coaching problems for sure. And this younger generation is way more talented than any we’ve had. But a lot of them are underperforming dubmasses for sure.
The USMNT is the Mississippi State University of FIFA…

(nah, I won’t sarcasterisk that…)

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Dest went absolutely mental just because he didn’t agree with a possible foul and a throw in call at midfield? Dude punts the ball out of the stadium and then blows kisses to the ref. Had a complete mental breakdown there. Just crazy.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dest went absolutely mental just because he didn’t agree with a possible foul and a throw in call at midfield? Dude punts the ball out of the stadium and then blows kisses to the ref. Had a complete mental breakdown there. Just crazy.
Some of the leaders in that locker room need to kick his ***. He had 3 teammates telling him to STFU and he kept on. Never seen anything like that in my life. And neither have the former men's and women's national team players on the postgame show.

Polyganol

Feb 15, 2013
Looks like away goals tiebreaker is in play. Hate that rule, but in this case works in our favor.
I may be confused - we “won” 4-2 with both home & home games combined. Where does a tiebreaker come into play?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I may be confused - we “won” 4-2 with both home & home games combined. Where does a tiebreaker come into play?
If T&T had scored 2 more goals to win 4-1 tonight, the aggregate would be 4-4 and USA would advance on away goals 1-0. It’s a stupid rule that Champions League has gotten rid of. But apparently it’s in play for CONCACAF Nations League.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login