USM beats Ole Miss with a walk off homer in bottom of the tenth...

B

BattleStations

OM had a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the ninth and still lost 3-2.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
....right behind the catcher waving at the camera all night? Unfortunately, I was right in front of Larry The Rebel Guy. He catapulted to a solid #2 on my list of "Dumb ***** I've Had The Misfortune Of Sitting Near To".

He singlehandedly disproved the idea that all Ole Miss fans are elitist snobs. In the top of the 10th, with a man on 2nd, I don't know how many times I heard the following "C'mon, just one good hit and it's over!" No, dumbass, one good hit and three outs and it's over. You're the away team, stupid.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
to end up next to these people?

That's about as good as the guy at Kentucky who thought we were 2-6 or whatever when we were 4-4.

Some of your stupid fan karma rubbed off on me at the Liberty Bowl. I got stuck next to a UCF fan who was convinced that Steve Spurrier was the one who had cowbells banned. Trying to explain that it was Shug Jordan wasn't going anywhere with that guy. I guess the concept that other coaches besides SS can be turds was a foreign concept.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Best part about it is we blew the lead in the 9th without having a ball leave the infield. Walked the 8 and 9 hitters to lead off. Gave up a bunt single to load them up with no outs. A ground out scored a run and moved runners to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Then Bittle gets a pop up bunt to get the 2nd out. And with 2 outs he threw a wild pitch to allow the tying run to score, before striking out the batter. The hardest hit ball of the inning was a ground out to first, yet we gave up 2 runs. At Ole Miss we keep finding new and innovative ways to lose. It's great.

I'm about done with worrying about this team. Either they're going to nut up and start hitting the baseball, or they're going to continue to hit like a little league team and we'll continue to suck.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login