USM stadium vs Tenn stadium

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Whoever doesn’t get picked to host is going to be insufferable the rest of the week.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I predict TN hosts unless attendance carries more weight.

Last edited:

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I predict TN hosts unless attendance carries more weight.
The official NCAA factors to consider are:

1) facility quality and availability- slight edge to USM here
2) revenue potential-moderate but clear edge to USM
3 other available accommodations- can’t imagine this being a factor, we can fit all 100 of those sweaty hillbillies into the Super 8 off HWY 49

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
Tennessee's stadium is generic and the press box doesn't have an elevator. Southern is unique (weird-looking to me) but the press box has an elevator. I guarantee that if UT's press box had an elevator they'd be hosting.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
I've never seen the USM stadium inside, it seems they never have enough tickets for visitors.......
USM holds more and record crowd # is 1K higher than the Fighting Vitellos.

I love the USM claim of more fans in the stadium during last years supers and regionals, but failing to mention that both LSU and OM (and MSU in 2017 or whenever it was) accounted for many of those tickets. And as "tough" as they claim visitor tickets to be, I've never seen it be a problem. I sat 2nd row behind Cannz (regional win, not sexting episode) last time.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I love the USM claim of more fans in the stadium during last years supers and regionals, but failing to mention that both LSU and OM (and MSU in 2017 or whenever it was) accounted for many of those tickets. And as "tough" as they claim visitor tickets to be, I've never seen it be a problem. I sat 2nd row behind Cannz (regional win, not sexting episode) last time.
I have never been able to buy them online and am not driving down there hoping I will get one.

EagleDawg97

Mar 18, 2020
Super Regional tickets sold out in 15 minutes last year. There were Ole Miss fans for sure, but less than a 1000 total. Not saying we even remotely compare to MSU in attendance, but USM is a top 10 baseball school attendance wise.
We have ton's of corporate tickets with banks and other businesses though. Wealthy Ole Miss fans can always call their banker and get a ticket at USM games, it's just the way it is. It's what happens when you have all the lawyers and doctors in the state go to your school.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostman and patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I have to say that the Pete looks a lot better on TV than it looked when I was at USM (circa 2000-2003).

I remember going to that game where State beat Southern 19-2 thinking it looked like a damn high school stadium.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I have to say that the Pete looks a lot better on TV than it looked when I was at USM (circa 2000-2003).

I remember going to that game where State beat Southern 19-2 thinking it looked like a damn high school stadium.
You’re not wrong. USM baseball has come a long way in the last 20 years. Almost all of the on-field success and facilities upgrades have come in the Palmer/Berry era.

Reactions: Dawgg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You’re not wrong. USM baseball has come a long way in the last 20 years. Almost all of the on-field success and facilities upgrades have come in the Palmer/Berry era.
I like it! The only thing that would be better is if USM beat those ********. Tenn fans rival Bama fans when it comes to entitlement. They've been quiet until they started winning in sports again yet they still hold the #2 spot for arrogant fans at the MSU home games I attended.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login