USM starting Tanner Hall today on 2 days rest after throwing 123......

patdog

May 28, 2007
Blame the NCAA. Of course the coaches shouldn't do this. But the ridiculous regional format puts tremendous pressure on them to. I'm just surprised so many pitchers go along with it. But again, they're competitive and at that age you think you're bullet proof.

At the very least, NCAA shouuld make the MLB PitchSmart guidelines mandatory.

Pitch Smart | Guidelines | MLB.com

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Blame the NCAA. Of course the coaches shouldn't do this. But the ridiculous regional format puts tremendous pressure on them to. I'm just surprised so many pitchers go along with it. But again, they're competitive and at that age you think you're bullet proof.

At the very least, NCAA shouuld make the MLB PitchSmart guidelines mandatory.

Pitch Smart | Guidelines | MLB.com
Seems like an easy thing to do at all levels. Not sure why they haven't already.

I know if they did that in travel ball, coaches would just go out and load up their rosters with guest pitchers. But that's easily mitigated, if the tournament directors cared enough to do so.

Reactions: patdog

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
....is @Drebin on staff at USM?

The OG arm killas are absolutely going to do the same thing with Skenes in the second game today too, if LSU loses.
Never once have I advocated for throwing someone on two days rest, especially after an elevated pitch count in the first one.

Your post is just more goat ********. Something you've developed a reputation, and a long roster of old usernames, for doing here.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Never once have I advocated for throwing someone on two days rest, especially after an elevated pitch count in the first one.

Your post is just more goat ********. Something you've developed a reputation, and a long roster of old usernames, for doing here.
It's just way too easy.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I don’t love it. Although today is his regularly scheduled bullpen session. If he throws for more than a couple innings I’ll be pretty upset.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I can't recall a more vulgar at-bat gesticulation more than USM's Danny Lynch

Like Elvis, they should only show waist up

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Softball pitchers pitch next day. Baseball players are puzzes.
I have a relative , 8th grade girl who pitched every inning of high school fast pitch this past year. She played on some select tournament team last summer. Her aunt told me the other day that they figured she has pitch over 5000 competitive pitches in the past 12 months. That’s not counting practice and warm ups. Eighth grader.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
somewhere I heard that the underhand throwing motion of softball was not as damaging to the human arm as overhand baseball pitching

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login