UT Game yesterday…

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a high tier team as physically beaten down as they were after a half. We just bullied them. Knecht looked like he wanted to quit.

I’m a proponent in college basketball of getting your best guys max minutes even if it means having a short bench. These guys are 18-22, and recovery should be really quick.

But man, we were intense yesterday. I don’t know if that effort is sustainable playing three games in three days, but I really don’t care. That was fun.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's a mystery to me as to when this team decides to show up and play aggressive. When they do it's something to see. Maybe it isn't sustainable. But they have put the beat down on the Vols twice this season. Whatever "juice" that is, I hope they drink more of it, playing with something to prove like that.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a high tier team as physically beaten down as they were after a half. We just bullied them. Knecht looked like he wanted to quit.

I’m a proponent in college basketball of getting your best guys max minutes even if it means having a short bench. These guys are 18-22, and recovery should be really quick.

But man, we were intense yesterday. I don’t know if that effort is sustainable playing three games in three days, but I really don’t care. That was fun.
Tennessee isn’t a physical team and it showed yesterday and it’s why they won’t go far in the tournament if they get a bad matchup. They got punched in the mouth and didn’t like it and never put up much of a fight.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Never been a fan of playing a lot of players. Pick your best 7 or 8 and give them the minutes. You can give guys plenty of rest with a 7-man rotation. 32-minutes for starting 5 and 20 for the two subs.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Tolu averaged 12 and 10 in the two Auburn games. Solid numbers for a big in today’s college game.
Broome who Tolu was matched up with averaged 16 and 7 against us . If we get motivated Tolu we will win, if we get Sleepy Tolu, Cam will have to pick up the slack like he did yesterday.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Auburn is not a good matchup for us with Tolu on the floor. They will run circles around him
We need 15-20 pts from tulu/bell....and how they work that out is their business. What we can't have, is 5 rebs between them. Bell has been fantastic coming off the bench defending and scoring in the paint, but HAS to get more active on the glass. Zero Rebs?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login