Utah State coach fired

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007

Kinda of a weird story based on this article. His name I remember coming up a few times for various openings at State over the years. Haven't been following the story at all but our old friend Tom Mars is his attorney.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Huh. What coach wouldn't want to gather facts to determine how severely to punish a player?

As long as he wasnt trying to intimidate the victim or anything, I dont see the big issue

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I had seen an article that his firing was imminent, but I didn’t know why. I’m not going to say he was doing anything malicious (like when Freeze started messaging the whistle-blower at Liberty), but whatever he heard should have been reported to the proper channels (AD, campus police, Title IX office, whatever) and let the investigation play out from there.

If he wanted to suspend the player while the investigation was ongoing, then he should have gone ahead and done that… or let the kid play while the investigation was ongoing. Either way, going out as the head coach of a football team and doing your own investigation is a recipe for disaster. Best case scenario, you’ve delayed reporting the incident (which seems to be what he’s charged with here) or you 17 up an active investigation while you do your ham fisted investigation. Worst case scenario, you get dinged with witness intimidation.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Huh. What coach wouldn't want to gather facts to determine how severely to punish a player?

As long as he wasnt trying to intimidate the victim or anything, I dont see the big issue
It sounds like the terms "personally investigate" must have been the absolute best light to cast his behavior. No way he was just doing normal stuff. Maybe pressuring the significant other to amend their story or something like that? Not saying that is what happened, but I can't imagine it not being something serious.

Reactions: patdog and Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007

Maybe a coach who didn't have a vested interest in covering the whole thing up.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

Kinda of a weird story based on this article. His name I remember coming up a few times for various openings at State over the years. Haven't been following the story at all but our old friend Tom Mars is his attorney.
That thing with Mars, Nutt & tsun wuz priceless. Good Times They Were.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login