Utah State to the Pac-12…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
More like a sign that they are trying to keep it regional.
Maybe.

I’ve been checking out Twitter and there’s talk about UConn — UConn? — joining as a football only member and Gonzaga in basketball only but maybe other sports too…

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They’re going to peel off enough MWC teams to dissolve the MWC so they don’t have to pay the exit fees and poaching penalties. They need 9 MWC team to defect, then they’ll start trying to woo outside the MWC. Utah State saw the writing on the wall and got in the boat first.

UNLV will be next, then probably Air Force, and at least two more of the remainder. I’m thinking SJSU and Wyoming, but could be any of them outside Hawaii. I think Hawaii ends up in the FCS after this is all over.

Last edited:

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Good addition. Utah may not like it though. Gives them a natural in-state rival (usually it's BYU). Will give USU a boost in recruiting capability.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Well.. Utah and BYU are in the Big 12, so that would still be the state’s rivalry.

Utah State will be in the Pac-12.
My bad.....read it wrong. Thought it was the B12. I didn't even know there was a PAC12 conference any more.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
My bad.....read it wrong. Thought it was the B12. I didn't even know there was a PAC12 conference any more.
Well… they were in dire straights, but last week, they managed to poach SDSU, Boise St, Fresno State, and Colorado State from the Mountain West. Now, they’ve picked off Utah State. If they get 4 more, they can dissolve the MWC. They’re going to survive, but as more of an AAC level G6.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
PAC12 is up to 7 schools now. Only 1 more to remain an official conference. I expect they’ll add another 3-7 schools.

Reactions: Dawgg